Newborns and toddlers are the most important stages in our childhood. They become the foundation of who we are today, which means that this is also a significant stage for every parent to let their little one feel their overflowing love for them.
As much as possible you want to be near you babies 24/7 , maybe you want to carry them all day long, but that would only possible with steel arms and a very sturdy back to carry your little one’s weight. Some of you may have gone against the odds but in turn experienced severe back pain. Well, we no longer have to carry all that burden because of the emergence of baby carriers designed for back pain; all thanks to this baby essential because we can go ‘hands-free’ while bonding with our little one all day long.
Let’s go ahead and discover that types of carriers that would best fit our needs.
Read on and find out the best baby carriers & slings for back pain.
- Top 16 Best Baby Wash & Shampoo for Newborn 2021 (Review & Update )
- Top 21 Best Toddler Swing Set – The Best Buyers Guide and Reviews 2021
- Top 10 Best White Noise Machine for Babies – A Review & Guide for 2021
- The 15 Best Electric Toothbrush for Toddlers – Enjoy Brushing With This Small Appliance.
- Top 18 Best Natural Diaper Rash Cream for Newborns (2021 Reviews)
- Top 18 Best Baby Teething Gel Review & Guide 2021
Types of Baby Carrier – Baby Wraps – Slings … has three types+ Wraps This is the most traditional one for a baby carrier. It’s basically a long and stretchy fabric that you tie around your body, usually around the shoulders and your mid-section to create a carrier normally used for infants and newborns to imitate the feel when our little one was still in our womb.
+ Slings It is almost the same with wraps but instead of tying it around the mid-section it goes over your shoulder and across your torso.
+ Structured Carriers This is a modern carrier that is more like a backpack that has padded straps and a carrying pack that you can place either on your chest or your back. With innovation these carriers also offers additional features like an attached hood and bib and storage for some of your essentials.
Thing to Consider in Choosing the Best Baby Carriers and Slings for Moms with Back Pain
- Comfort and Safety
- Wide padded straps – to ensure that your back is comfortably covered. It is also recommended to look for one that can be crisscrossed because it can alleviate back pain by evenly distributing the weight.
- Wide lumbar support – this important for moms who experiences back pain. Carriers that have wide lumbar support will lessen the pressure on your back and alleviate back pain.
- Safe materials – look for carriers that are made from skin friendly materials so your child can sit in comfort. You wouldn’t want to see red patches or rashes on your little one’s delicate skin.
- Breathable material – your child might need to use carriers for longer hours so make sure to purchase one that has breathable material, something that you and your child can enjoy using in any season. Cotton fabric and mesh material are commonly used for carriers to keep air circulation flowing.
- Storage pockets – this is convenient for busy parents and guardians who are always on-the-go. You can use it to store your personal essentials like wallet, keys and phone so you can easily go out even without a separate bag.
- Foldable carriers – opt for a foldable carrier if you are an adventurous mom who always goes on trips. Travel with ease with foldable carriers that you can simply put inside a storage bag.
- Carrying options – as the saying goes, the more the merrier. Look for carriers that will offer different carrying options so your back or waist can rest from time to time and adjust or change position to satisfy your child’s comfort.
- Hood and Bib – some carriers have an attached or removable hood to keep them protected from too much heat and a bib to prevent food stains on their clothes as well as yours.
On the other hand, there are also some expensive products that offer premium quality and durability that can last you a lifetime so I guess it’s a win-win situation.
Top Best Baby Carriers & Sling Reviews & Guide 2021
1. Miamily Hipster Plus 3d Child & Baby Carrier for Toddler or Infant
2. Baby Wrap Carrier with Hip Sea, Cotton Sling for Infants, Babies and Toddlers
Relieve the pressure on your waist, shoulder and abdomen and keep your baby safely seated in safe M shape position to prevent hip dysplacia in this TIANCAIYIDING Baby Wrap Carrier. This multi-function carrier can switch to 3 modes: stool, strap and waist stool mode. It also features removable saliva tissue and bite towel to prevent your baby from swallowing the dirt. Provide your baby the comfort and protection in this carrier made from skin friendly material as you move freely in this easy to wear baby wrap.
3. Baby hipseat Carrier Ergonomic Baby Carrier 3in1 – Waist Stool for Outdoor Travel
SUNVENO Hip Seat Baby Carrier might just be for you, if you’re looking for a smart travel assistant so you can go ‘hands-free’ even for a short while and ensuring that your baby is close to you, safe and comfortable. Keep your baby seated in the natural and physician-recommended squat spreading posture in this carrier without having to sacrifice your comfort. This carrier is designed as an X-shaped anti-shedding strap to provide extra security and features silicone anti-skid particles for added friction when your child is seated. Make your baby feel safer and more comfortable in this baby carrier that your little one can outgrow.
4. Baby Carrier Sling All Carry with Hip Seat 360
If you’re looking for a baby carrier that is suitable for all seasons, try the Diggold 360 Baby Carrier. Forget about the discomfort brought about by too much sweating because this carrier sling has an upgraded breathability, with 3D mesh and breathable design of waist belt. You can also use this easily when breastfeeding with premium full-coverage Velcro and protect your child even from cold. It is firmer but lightweight, so it’s more comfortable to use. Lessen your burden because it has wider shoulder straps and multiple force points to reduce the load on the wearer.
5. Baby Tula Discover Free-to-Grow Baby Carrier, Adjustable Newborn to Toddler Carrier
Looking for something that you can use longer, like an adjustable newborn to toddler carrier? Worry no more because Baby Tula Discover Free-to-Grow Baby Carrier got it all covered for you and little one’s needs. You can simply adjust the width and height settings to fit your growing child. It has a front and back carrying option to provide healthy hip and spine development for the baby. It does not only focus on a child’s comfort because it features dual-adjustment padded strap for optimal neck and shoulder comfort for the wearer. Lessen the burden of carrying your child all day long in this carrier.
6. Beco Gemini Baby Carrier for Holding Babies, Infants and Child
Dash around the town all day in Beco Gemini Soft Structured ; this will allow you to carry your little in comfort. It features a shoulder strap that you can either wear like backpack or criss crossed which alleviates back pain because the weight is evenly distributed. Breastfeeding mom can also comfortably use this because it has a release buckle under the arm. Hit two birds with a stone in this 5-in-1 carrier that will provide optimum comfort and safety for both the wearer and the child.
7. Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier, Grey- Baby Carriers for Back Pain
8. Baby Wrap Carrier with Hood, Soft & Breathable Backpack Front and Back for Infants to Toddlers
If you’re looking for a carrier that will provide both comfort and safety to you and your little one, you can try TIANCAIYIDING Baby carrier, because it was designed with mommies and babies in mind. This will help keep your baby in the correct sitting position and it will also help moms or the wearer and keep them from experiencing back pain caused by the weight, because its widened shoulder strap and thickened waist strap can relieve the pressure on both shoulder and waist. It also features adjustable seat and buckle belt to ensure comfort.
9. Baby Wrap Carrier by KeaBabies – All-in-1 Stretchy Baby Wraps – Baby Sling – Infant Carrier
If you’re looking for an all-in-1 carrier that can fit all sizes then this Keababies Baby Wrap Carrier is for you! Parenting should not be as stressful as it’s supposed to be, so get rid of complicated carriers and try this easy-to-use wrap. It provides good support for your back, just the right stretchiness needed so your baby can sleep in comfort in your arms. This is made with a new and improved fabric that can last you a long time. This wrap also helps provide colic relief and boosts breastmilk production. Enjoy the wonders of this wrap and live a hassle free life.
10. BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Mini, 3D Mesh, Anthracite – Baby Carriers backpain
If you are a first time mom or just had a newborn, this BabyJorn Baby Carrier Mini is recommended because it’s a perfect first carrier for newborns; designed specifically for your little one. It has an adjustable seat and head support for optimum comfort. It is ultra-soft and lightweight providing comfort for both the baby and the wearer. The flexible fabric of the baby carrier allows you to see and feel your newborn’s position and the natural C-curve of their back.
11. Baby Hip Seat Carrier Waist Stool – Child Infant Toddler, Perfect Baby Shower Gift
Carry your little one like a professional and ensure his/her safety in your arms in this Lamibaby Professional Baby Carrier. It is professionally made from skin friendly materials and 100% cotton fabric with good breathable performance that have passed international safety standards. It features an extra-wide waist belt that prevents lumbar pressure and lower back strain. You can comfortably wear it because of its 60-in extra-padded shoulder strap. Be hands free in this lightweight and convenient carrier.
12. Ergobaby Carrier, Omni 360 All Carry Positions Baby Carrier, Pure Black
If you are looking for an all-in-one carrier that you can use for a long time especially for your newborn then this Omni 360 Ergobaby Carrier is right for you. It will adapt to your growing baby and keep him/her comfortable all day long in your arms. It was made with padded lumbar support waistbelt so you can comfortably wear it comfortable. You also have the option to wear the shoulder straps in a backpack style or criss crossed to evenly distribute the weight. Be comfortable even in dark days and enjoy using this acknowledged carrier by the International Hip Dysplacia Institute.
13. Baby Carrier-Front and Back for Newborn-4 in 1 Convertible Hip seat, Toddler Carrier with Hood
Qbcarrier Convertible Baby Carrier is a good pick if you are looking for a carrier that will lessen your burden because it is designed to provide comfort and safety to our little ones. It is a 4-in-1 convertible hip seat that has lumbar support to prevent backpain normally caused by typical carriers. Protect you child from UV rays through its hood that you can also use if you need some privacy so you can breastfeed your little one. This carrier provides your baby a safe sitting position and protects baby’s hip development. Keep your little one comfortable in the breathable fabric good for use in all season.
14. Baby Wrap Carrier Hands Free – Breathable Soft and Stretchy Baby Sling Carrier,
Soothe your restless baby in this super soft and breathable Claro Baby Wrap. It is easy to tie even when you’re on your own, perfect for on-the –go moms because you can do other things while your little one is safely and securely wrapped in your arms. This is made from 95% cotton and 5% spandex to prevent back pain and allow your baby to sit in a proper and comfortable position. You can enjoy using it, from newborn to infant, to toddler or all the way up to 30lbs.
15. Bebamour New Style Designer Sling and Baby Carrier 2 in 1
If you are looking for a baby carrier with a reasonable price for all the features and stuff, try the Bebamour New Style Designer Sling and Baby Carrier. You can use it as a carrier or a hip seat to match your baby’s comfort. It is approved by U.S. Safety Standards so it’s safe to use. It also has an adjustable padded shoulder and waist strap to fit parents of all size and prevent back pain or pressure on your waist. Go on a trip with less hassle because your little one is protected from UV in its attached head hood and keep him clean with its 2 bibs. It also has 6 carrying options to satisfy child’s comfort.
16. Bebamour Baby Carrier with Hip Seat 6 in 1 Ergonomic Baby Carrier Backpack
Travel at ease in this ergonomic 6-in-1 Bebamour Baby Carrier. Forget about the hassle of bringing a bulky carrier because this is a foldable one, so you can go on a trip in comfort simply put it into storage bag easily. The baby carrier hip seat also has a large pocket and can be used a waist bag; perfect for busy parents. It also has a head hood and 3 bibs so your child is protected and will be kept clean. It also has a wider shoulder strap and waist band so the weight will be distributed evenly and prevent back pain for the wearer. Travel with your little one with less worries in this baby carrier.
17. Infantino Carry On Carrier, Baby Carriers & slings backpain
Be with your little one anytime of the day in this Infantino Carry on Carrier. Wear it for longer hours without having any discomfort because of its padded shoulder straps and waist belt. Let your baby sit in comfort on its breathable mesh panel the keeps air circulation flowing for cool
wearing. You can also adjust the head support and seat to make sure your baby is snug in your arms. Busy parents need storage for their baby’s essentials, with this carrier you can store all that you need in its 6 front pockets for easy access. Carry on this carrier for babies recommended from 8-40 lbs. in weight.
Q: Which baby carrier is best for my back pain?
A: You can check for baby carriers that have a wide lumbar support straps and straps that can be crisscrossed so that the weight is evenly distributed because these can help alleviate back pain.
Q: How do I know if my baby carrier is safe?
A: You need to follow and check the manufacturer’s guidelines in using the carrier. It is important to check and follow the age and weight recommendations to ensure the safety of your child.
Q: What’s the difference between a wrap and a sling?
A: A sling is a fabric that you wrap around yourself which is connected with a ring, it is almost the same with wraps but instead of tying it around the mid-section it goes over your shoulder and across your torso.
The best baby carrier and slings does not lie on the brand and price alone. Always make your own checklist to see the features that you and your child will need. You can read articles as a guide to help you sort out the things that you need to consider before purchasing one. It is important to meet your child’s comfort, safety and need as well as yours. You should also check manufacturer’s recommendation to ensure that you can safely carry your child on a carrier. Look for additional features
that will add convenience to its use and check every detail of the baby carriers and slings to make sure that you’re not paying too much for it. As much as possible, try to hit two birds with one stone so your time, effort and money won’t come waste. At the end of the day the best baby carrier and sling for moms with back pain is the one that will meet the standards we set ourselves.