How do you plan to maintain your baby’s soft, smooth skin, and his cutie little cheeks in particular?
The simplest and most common answer would definitely be to moisturize.
By daily applying moisturizers and cream on our baby’s delicate skin we also keep them from having itchy, red scaly skin also known as eczema. Since it cannot be treated, the best and easiest way is to keep our baby’s skin moisturized.
But how can we get the best baby’s facial cream for our little ones? Read on and learn more about creams for baby’s face with eczema.
Product Comparison Table – Top Face Cream for Baby
Below are some of the baby face creams for eczema that standout among others:
|Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Flare-up Treatment||$||4.4|
|CeraVe Baby Moisturizing Cream||$$||4.6|
|Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream||$$||4.5|
|Mustela Nourishing Stick with Cold Cream||$$||4.5|
|Weleda Sensitive Care Face Cream||$$||4.2|
|Mommy Care Organic Baby Facial Cream||$$||4.1|
Cream for Baby’s Face with Eczema
When your baby is experiencing intense itching, and is having rashes and crusty flushes on the skin, chances are that your little one may be suffering from eczema. Eczema is a hereditary skin condition, and unfortunately, there is no permanent cure yet but don’t worry mommies, we can do something about.
If curing is not an option, then preventing it would be a better choice. And by prevention it specifically means using moisturizers like baby lotions and baby creams to keep our baby’s delicate and extra sensitive skin hydrated.
Eczema normally appears on the face which is really visible and it is prone to being scratched by our baby’s little fingers making things complicated that’s why looking for the best baby face cream for eczema is an essential part of the solution to keep those cute little cheeks from dryness, redness and irritation.
Prevention is a step in advance we should take to ensure our baby’s comfort because symptoms of eczema are normally triggered by irritants we should avoid such as:
• Pollen: Staying indoors will keep your babies from worsening flare-ups most especially when pollen count is high.
• Harsh soaps and detergents: It is best to use a non-soap cleanser, because they are usually free of sodium lauryl sulfate a chemical that creates soap’s foaming action and can irritate skin. Use detergents that are fragrance-free and dye-free.
• Perfumes and colognes: Avoid using these products particularly those that contain alcohol. Fragrance is one of the most frequently cited substances causing skin reactions.
• Wool and synthetic fibers: Dress your babies in loose-fitting clothes made from 100% cotton to prevent trigger eczema. It is advisable to cut off tags since their skin is extra sensitive.
• Baby powder: It is best to avoid using baby powder because it dries skin and children with eczema already have dry skin.
• Baby wipes: Instead of using wipes, use a cotton cloth damp with warm water. Rubbing can also trigger eczema plus wipes normally has ingredients that trigger it, too.
• Moisturize daily and take medication as prescribed by the doctor
Tips in Finding the Best Baby Face Cream for Eczema
It is also important to look for eczema friendly products since baby’s skin is so delicate and not to mention the extra-sensitivity brought about by their skin condition. Below are some tips to find the best baby face cream for eczema:
- Dermatologist recommended; always ask your baby’s dermatologist for product recommendations since they are the expert when it comes to your child’s skin concerns.
- Check for products with National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance
- Choose fragrance-free rather than unscented products. In unscented products, fragrance is masked, so you cannot smell it while for fragrance-free products, it is totally free of fragrance even the ones you cannot smell.
- Check for organic or all-natural baby lotion. You don’t want to risk your baby’s health by using synthetic products you put on his/her skin.
Q: In what areas does eczema usually appear?
A: Eczema appears on the most exposed areas/part of the body, for babies its common on their cheeks, forehead and chin, basically their face.
Q: What is the difference between lotion and cream?
A: Lotions have higher water content than oil, while for cream it is in 50:50 ratio for both making it more thicker in consistency than lotion. Creams also provide a barrier in the skin that keeps it ultra-hydrated.
Q: What are the benefits of a cream?
A: It’s almost the same with lotion, it keeps the skin moisturized and keeps it from drying or cracking but since it provides a barrier, keeping it ultra-hydrated, creams are best used for dry to excessively dry skin especially during harsh weather conditions like winter or summer.
Products The Best Eczema Creams for Babies | Reviews & Guide
1. Eucerin Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Flare-up Treatment
Looking for a cream that can immediately provide relief from eczema flare-ups? Then this Eucerin Baby Eczema Relief Flare-up Treatment is just for you and your baby. It is formulated with colloidal oatmeal so it can act as a protectant, protecting the skin barriers for long lasting hydration. Using this cream would instantly calm and soothe the skin with a unique cooling effect. Apart from oatmeal, it also has ceramide 3 and licochalcone that helps in immediately treating eczema flare-ups, calming and relieving itching and skin irritation.
• Contains colloidal oatmeal perfect for skin protection
• Immediate skin irritation relief
2. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
All day skin irritation is not only stressful for babies but also for moms. Be stress-free and try CeraVe Baby Moisturizing Cream for you little one’s delicate skin. Worry no more about irritants and other harmful chemicals because it is free from paraben, sulfates and fragrance, specifically developed for babies by dermatologists. It has the National Eczema Association acceptance seal which means it satisfied the criteria for use of those with eczema and extra sensitive skin. It is formulated with 3 essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-11) for 24-hour hydration that will protect the natural skin barrier of your baby.
• Best cheap baby cream for eczema
• Provides 24-hour hydration
3. Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal for Eczema Relief
Ever heard of natural colloidal oatmeal? Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream contains this powerful ingredient which is an effective skin protectant that will lock in moisture to keep skin hydrated. It is enriched with a ceramide essential in restoring and enhancing the protective barrier of the skin perfect for babies with eczema. It has a soothing effect for dry and itchy skin and is clinically proven to reduce these symptoms. It’s made for babies because it is gentle on the skin, free of steroid, fragrance, paraben and phthalate.
• Pediatrician-recommended baby moisturizing cream
• Gentle for any skin type
• Has thicker consistency but absorbs easily
4. Mustela Nourishing Stick with Cold Cream, Baby Lip and Face Moisturizer
How about a moisturizing cream in a stick for lips and face? Definitely a must have for on-the-go moms who’s baby’s skin needs moisture from time to time. Mustela Nourishing Stick with Cold Cream is made from 96% plant-based ingredients including natural Avocado Perseose, Sunflower Seed Oil, Beeswax and Shea Butter, to make sure it’s safe to use even on newborns .It is a hypoallergenic cream that will keep your baby’s skin protected and hydrated while minimizing the risk of allergic reactions.
• High concentration of natural ingredients
• Product have met social and environmental standards
• On-the-go stick in small packaging
5. Weleda Sensitive Care Face Cream
Want to go for an all-natural face cream? Check Weleda Sensitive Care Face Cream and be one with nature while keeping you and your baby’s skin velvet-soft. It is made from Calendula Flower Extract, Chamomile and Sweet Almond Oil which are skin-friendly ingredients ideal for sensitive, dry skin that also provides skin-soothing effect and makes the skin feel regenerated, perfect for infants and babies. It is also free of parabens, phthalates, synthetic preservatives and fragrances and never tested on animals. It surely is safe for your little one’s skin.
• Certified natural by NATRUE
• Comforting cream
6. Baby Face Cream Mommy Care Organic Protective
Moisturize and nourish you baby’s skin with Mommy Care Organic Baby Facial Cream, made with the best natural ingredients including jojoba oil, calendula, shea butter and coconut to help soothe skin and provide relief from irritation, and hydration to protect it from dryness. It is light and non-greasy so it definitely won’t irritate you baby’s skin instead it provides calming relief from redness and dryness of the skin, suitable for babies with eczema and extra sensitive skin. It’s never tested on animals and totally free from parabens, petrochemical and mineral oils; safe and effective for baby’s delicate skin.
• Scented free for baby’s with allergic reactions
• Lightweight and absorbent
7. Mustela Stelatopia Emollient Face Cream
Eyeing for something plant-based and has the National Eczema Association acceptance seal? Check out Mustela Stelatopia Emollient Face Cream for your little one’s delicate face skin. It is made of 97% naturally derived ingredients including Avocado Perseose and Sunflower Oil Distillate to soothe tight skin, replenish lipids and keep the skin hydrated. It is safe to use even for newborns, you can apply it gently on the eyelids as well. It provides instant relief from itching and discomfort. A non-greasy face cream specially made for babies with eczema prone skin.
• NEA accepted
• Safe to use from birth and on
• 0% Paraben, Phthalate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
• A little pricy but it’s a product committed to your baby’s safety
8. Mustela Nourishing Baby Face Cream with Cold Cream
• Free of Paraben, Phthalate and Phenoxyethanol
• Made from naturally-derived ingredients
• Newborn safe
• Thick consistency but fast absorbent
9. Weleda Calendula Baby Face Cream
Looking for a skin-friendly face cream to keep you baby’s face skin velvet soft? Weleda Calendula Baby Face Cream is one of your best pick. It’s certified natural and recognized by NATRUE, containing skin-friendly ingredients like lanolin and organic almond oil for an all-day hydration and of course the calendula extract, known for its antiseptic properties also for tender facial skin protection while providing soothing effect on baby’s delicate skin. It’s also fast absorbent and dermatologically tested, suited for high sensitive skin.
• All-natural facial cream
• Fast absorbent
• Suitable for use by with sensitive skin, too
• Not recommended for babies allergic to almond
10. Hamilton Babies: Brave Benny Eczema Therapy – Baby Eczema Cream
Naturally protect your baby’s delicate skin with Hamilton Babies Baby Eczema Cream; made from all natural colloidal oatmeal and enriched with Manuka honey to ensure that it will provide an immediate relief. It locks in moisture to keep skin hydrated with the help of organic and natural ingredients. This hypoallergenic eczema cream is FDA-complaint and is safe for use on every sensitive skin type. It also made with botanical ingredients to naturally soothe eczema.
• FDA compliant
• Safe for use on baby’s with delicate skin
• Developed by Robert C. Hamilton a famous pediatrician
• Does not have the NEA seal of acceptance
11. Live Clean Baby Eczema Cream
Do you want your baby to live clean, not just by the food he/she eats but also by the products you apply on his/her skin? Then Live Clean Baby Eczema Cream is one of your best pick; 98% plant-based, vegan and not tested on animals. Keep your baby’s skin moisturized without harming the environment through its powerful and plant-based ingredients such as colloidal oatmeal, oat kernel and oat oil. A cream that will soothe dry skin without having any harmful effects on your baby’s skin, totally safe for use on extra-sensitive skins.
• NEA accepted
• Gentle and effective product safe for babies and the environment
• Non-greasy and petroleum-free
• A little thicker than standard cream but absorbs fast
12. Face and Body Cream Moisturizer – Nourishing Aloe Vera
If you’re looking for an all-in-1 cream, might as well check Honeyskin Face and Body Cream that you can safely use on your baby’s sensitive skin. It has organic ingredients such as Manuka Honey, Coconut oil, Hempseed oil, Aloe Vera and many more. Formulated to keep skin moisturized and hydrated providing relief from dryness, redness and inflammation. It has amino-acids and anti-oxidants that tightens skin and prevents wrinkles so you can use it, too. Address not only eczema but other skin conditions as well like psoriasis and shingles by using organically safe ingredients.
• Non-allergenic, no parabens, fragrance and harsh chemicals
• 100% vegan and cruelty free
• Suitable for all skin type for all ages
• All-natural but does not have NEA seal
13. Theraplex Emollient Jar, Severe Dry Skin
• Restores visibly healthier skin
• NEA Seal of Acceptance
• Smooth on skin and provides a non-greasy feel
• A little pricy but is proven effective and recommended by dermatologists
14. Sebamed Baby Cream Extra Soft Ultra Mild Gentle Hydrating Moisturizer
Sebamed Baby Cream Extra Soft is for babies who have extra dry and sensitive skin. This provides intensive protection for baby’s delicate skin and was clinically tested with 5.5pH to support the development of skin’s acid mantle for protection against penetration of harmful environmental influences while keeping the baby’s skin soft and moisturized. It has herbal extract chamomile to soothe irritated skin particularly chaffed areas. Well suited for the prevention of nappy rash dermatitis, the active ingredient panthenol stimulates healing processes.
• Hypoallergenic German brand dermatologically tested and recommended
• Skin protectant with jojoba oil and pathenol to keep the skin healthy
• Safe for infant use
• Does not have NEA seal of acceptance
15. COCONUT BABY OIL Organic Moisturizer – Eczema and Psoriasis Relief
If you’re looking for a 100% organic product for eczema relief then this Coconut Baby Oil Organic Moisturizer is just for you and your baby. Protect your baby’s sensitive skin naturally, infused with Virgin Coconut oil, Sunflower oil and Grapeseed oil to naturally moisturize skin and provide relief not only for dry, red skin but also for hair treatment because it has vitamin E. It has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties perfect for eczema prone skin.
• 100% organic, natural skin care
• Lightweight and does not clog pores
• Safe to you use for the whole family
• It melts above 75 degrees F and becomes solid during cooler temperature but works the same
16. Vanicream Moisturizing Cream for Baby | for Sensitive Baby Skin
Having problems with moisturizers because of your baby’s extra-sensitive skin? Worry no more mommies, because Vanicream Moisturizing Cream for Baby was specially formulated to soothe skin irritation, redness and chaffed skin perfect for use on baby’s delicate skin. It is free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance and parabens to prevent irritation. Moisturize your baby’s skin and maintain its normal moisture level without sacrificing their comfort.
• Soothing cream that keeps baby’s skin soft
• Safe to use for baby’s sensitive skin
• Does not have NEA seal of acceptance but is dermatologically tested
It is always better to know any product in advance before buying one, its contents, manufacturer, pros and cons and the like to make sure that you’re not wasting money, more importantly nobody’s safety is being sacrificed. Choosing the best baby face for eczema is tough because excessively sensitive skin easily reacts from irritants. It is best to consult a dermatologist or a pediatrician to know a recommended product for your baby. Above anything else, know everything about your child especially things or food that he/she is allergic too because a cream might be effective based on most of the reviews but it might contain a certain ingredient that your little one should avoid having contact with. Research is another key point that we should do to make sure of our baby’s comfort and safety.
Leave a Reply