Have you ever had a rash on your skin that has become so itchy to the point that it becomes bothersome? Now, multiply that itchiness by 10 and add scaly texture, and to top that off, imagine that the itchiness doesn’t heal for days on end? That, conservatively, is how eczema feels like. Now, imagine it on babies – that is a very difficult picture to imagine.
Eczema is a collection of medical issues that causes the skin to be abnormally inflamed and irritated, and this is most common to babies than adults. This can be very hard for babies to endure as its symptoms include itchiness, soreness, and the surface of the skin becomes scaly and inflamed.
Eczema is very hard to treat and its cause is still unknown to medical doctors that is why it is important to find a good product for your baby that works hard in keeping eczema at bay or at the very least, help the sufferers with giving them relief.
- Top 16 Best Baby Cream for Face : 2021 To Choose From
- Top 15 Best Oil for Baby Skin – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
- Top 8 Best Baby Bottle Warmer And Sterilizer 2021: Review & Guide
- Best Baby Air Purifiers: Top 16 Purifiers for Your Baby’s Nursery 2021
- Top 16 Best Baby Hand Sanitizers That Are Safe for Your Baby | Expert Reviews 2021
- Best Christmas Gifts for One-Year-Olds: Your Guide for 2021 Holiday Gift-Giving
The goal in caring for eczema, or its most common form, atopic dermatitis, is to relieve the skin from dryness and itchiness. You should find products that allow good moisture and ones that do not contain a lot of harmful chemicals and irritating scents that can cause the skin to inflame more.
Here are the top bath products – shampoos, body wash and soaps for baby– that dermatologists recommend to those affected by this skin condition:
Top Baby Shampoo for Eczema Relief and Control
1. CeraVe Baby Wash & Shampoo for Tear-Free Baby BathShampoo from the brand CeraVe. Researchers have proven that an ingredient in moisturizers called ceramides work best. This product from the manufacturers in L’oreal contains just that plus essential vitamins to gently cleanse baby’s skin and scalp. It is hypoallergenic and does not contain any parabens or other harmful ingredients that can cause baby’s skin to inflame even more. It also does not have fragrance or unhealthy dyes. Because it is a shampoo and a wash in one product, this proves to be beneficial and practical for mothers to use.
2. Mustela Stelatopia Foam – Baby Shampoo for Eczema
3. Live Clean Baby Gentle Moisture Tearless Shampoo & Wash, Baby Soap
4. California Baby Eczema Shampoo & Bodywash
5. Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap – Baby Unscented
The formulation of Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Hemp Pure Castile Liquid Soap is a powerhouse of a product that is gentlest to baby’s skin and scalp. It uses double the olive oil than in its regular formulation, which ensures that baby’s skin is hydrated and stays hydrated throughout the day. Of course it is free from harmful and alien chemicals that you can barely pronounce, and free from synthetic ingredients that prove to be harmful to babies and adults in the long run. It is made up only of biodegradable ingredients such as pure coconut oil and olive oil. It is made for use of your baby, however, the only downside of this is that it is not tear-free for your little ones.
6. Burt’s Bees Baby Foaming Shampoo & Wash
Another front runner in the baby shampoo department is the brand Burt’s Bees. This specific product, Baby Foaming Shampoo and Wash is specially formulated to make it even more gentler and kinder to baby skin and scalp. It is tested by pediatricians and it was made without any negatives namely, parabens, synthetic fragrances, phthalates, or SLS. It is made up of 98.7% natural, plant ingredients that will surely moisturize and relieve your baby’s skin from itchiness and dryness.
7. Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Organic Calendula
If you are about practicality and quality, then this Baby Wash and shampoo from Cetaphil is your best bet. It is tested by dermatologists and formulated with the soothing and moisturizing essence of calendula that leaves baby skin supple, moisturized and smooth. Best of all, it helps soothe the itchiness and irritations that eczema causes. it is tear-free and the formula is safe enough that you can use this shampoo even to infants. It is free from any harmful, artificial ingredients like dyes, parabens, phthalates, or silicon. This product is a surefire hit for all mothers who want the best for their little ones without them burning a hole in their pockets.
When babies suffer from eczema, pediatricians most common advice is to not bathe them everyday, as it will cause dryness to the baby’s skin, which would lead to a more unmanageable itching episodes. It is recommended that you give your babies a bath only every other day so the skin’s moisture will retain in the skin and the skin’s protective barrier will not be damaged.
When giving the baby a good bath, choose to use only the products that are free from harmful chemicals, synthetic ingredients and strong scents. Choose products that have natural, moisturizing ingredients in them to naturally relieve your baby’s inflamed skin.
Here are the Top 10 Body Wash for Babies with Eczema
1. Attitude 2-in-1 Natural Shampoo & Body Wash Baby
This Sensitive Skin Baby 2in1 Hair and Body Foaming Wash by the company called Attitude carries the accepted sticker of the National Eczema Association. It is specially formulated for babies’ sensitive skin and with the soothing and moisturizing essence of calendula, it stimulates the production of collagen and even has antiseptic properties. Colloidal oatmeal, on the other hand, provides relief to itchy and irritated skin. This product is great conditioning the skin and leaves it smooth and healthy. It is tear-free and hypoallergenic so it is safe to use for infants as well.
2. Vanicream Cleansing Bar, for eczema
The Vanicream Cleansing Bar comes in solid, soap form. It may not be all that ideal to use for babies because of product usage but it is one of the most helpful soaps out there for babies suffering from eczema. This no-fuss product made for sensitive skin and does not contain any fragrance or masking fragrance, no parabens or dyes, and no formaldehyde. It is recommended by dermatologists internationally and can be used by both babies and adults.
3. Eucerin Baby Wash & Shampoo
This brand has been in the market for some time now and they are still known for making quality, top notch ingredients product. This Eucerin Baby Wash and Shampoo is formulated with Pro Vitamin B5 and natural shea butter to ensure that your baby’s skin comes out of the bath soft and moisturized. It is tested by pediatricians and dermatologists – a hypoallergenic, tear-free product that is safe to use for your little ones whatever stage they are in.
4. CeraVe Eczema Soothing Body Wash
5. TruBaby Eczema Soothing Hair and Body Wash
6. Mustela Stelatopia Cleansing Cream, Baby Wash, for Eczema-Prone Skin
A crowd favorite among picky mothers, this Mustela Stelatopia Cleansing Cream is specially made for babies suffering or recovering from eczema. Like its shampoo counterpart, it is made with avocado perseose that gently cleanses and soothes baby skin even during flare ups. It can be used daily because it is cream-type, it helps in moisturizing baby’s skin on a daily basis. It is hypoallergenic and paraben and fragrance free. It is recognized by the National Eczema Association. This is the best choice for moms who want to be practical but efficient.
7. Aveeno Baby Cleansing Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Wash
8. Mustela Stelatopia Bath Oil, Baby Bath Oil, for Eczema-Prone Skin
9. Aquaphor Baby Wash and Shampoo
Aquaphor is known for its balms that soothe any skin irritant on baby’s skin. This Aquaphor Baby Wash and Shampoo is no different. This pediatrician recommended product is tear-free and is hypoallergenic. Made for use on baby’s sensitive skin, it is formulated with natural essence of chamomile oil. It is said to improve dry, cracked skin, and is made without any unknown chemicals and preservatives.
10. Baby Dove Wash, Sensitive Moisture
Last but certainly not the least is this popular Tip to Toe Wash Sensitive Moisture from Dove Baby. It is a pH neutral product that is also free from allergens, fragrances, and dyes. Its creamy and luxurious so it doesn’t feel like your cleansing your baby’s skin with soap but instead it feels like your give him the riches and creamiest lather to ensure proper moisture every after bath.
Having your precious little baby suffer from eczema is no small feat. It is very heartbreaking to witness any baby suffer from itchiness, red patches, and flare ups, with only so much that you can do. Fortunately, there are products out there that can help, if not eliminate eczema altogether. Make sure that you consult your pediatrician and do your research before buying any product.