Teething is a happy and challenging stage for parents and their infants because this is the time when first set of teeth appears and it can be uncomfortable at the same for the little ones.
Babies become irritable, have trouble sleeping and experience excessive drooling, sometimes it may cause low-level fever and diarrhea. This normally starts as early as 3 months until they reach the age of three.
We would take the pain and discomfort of our children feel if we could, but of unfortunately we couldn’t. Thanks for the unending innovation of science and technology because now we are able to relief baby’s fussiness with the help of baby teething gels and help them through the day.
- Top 15 Best Sunscreen for Kids and Babies 2021
- Top 12 Best Baby Crib Soothers For You To Choose 2021
- Best Baby Shampoo, Wash & Soaps for Eczema in 2021 Guide & Reviews
- Top 12 Best Baby Shampoo for Dry Scalp | Guide & Reviews 2021
- Top 16 Best Wooden Toys for Toddlers & Kids
- Top 18 Best Moisturizer for Baby Reviews & Guide 2021
Read on as we further tell you more about the best baby teething gel that you can safely use for your little one.
Things to Consider in Choosing the Best Baby Teething Gel
We should really be keen and knowledgeable about product ingredients especially for oral product like teething gels because it can be swallowed. Avoid gels that contain Benzocaine, Belladonna, Eugenols, parabens, artificial flavorings and other synthetic chemicals because these are dangerous for infants and children’s health.
Know your child’s health condition
Aside from knowing the formula for any product, knowing your child’s allergies is just as important. Normally organic baby teething gels and oils contain chamomile extract, clove oil,xylitol and fennel. Read also the label content to make sure that it would not trigger any allergic reactions.
Things to consider in choosing the best baby teething gel are all interconnected and it all leads to the importance of reading product labels. Always check the age recommendation of any product to ensure that using it won’t bring harm to your little one’s health. Teething gels have the same purpose, but there are some that you can use upon your child’s birth and some that
you can’t, so always be mindful.
Tips and Tricks You Can Do to Ease Teething Pain
- Gently rub or massage gums with your finger or use a cold damp cloth.
- Give your child a teething ring made of firm rubber to chew
- Parents of children with special needs who may require sensory stimulation should check first with a healthcare professional for other safer options
- Chop up small frozen fruits in a teething strainer as cooling sensation alleviates discomfort
You can use some of the frequently asked questions below to help you further understand more about the best baby teething gel and what it actually does.
1. Q: Do teething creams and gels also have risks?
A: Yes, that is why we need to know about the chemicals you should avoid like Benzocaine, Eugenol, and Belladonna to ensure your child’s safety.
2. Q: When are we allowed to use a teething gel for our little one?
A: As early as 3 months, infants are allowed to use teething gel but always asks a health professional or best if you consult your baby’s pediatrician before buying one and also read the age recommendation labels.
3. Q: What are the common symptoms that my baby is teething?
A: Common symptoms are discomfort, loss of appetite, excessive drooling and sometimes low-level fever and diarrhea but you can also check any swollen area from your child’s mouth to be sure that he is teething.
Top 18 Best Baby Teething Gels Reviewed & Rated
1. Orajel Baby Daytime & Nighttime Non-medicated Cooling Gels for Teething
Orajel Baby Daytime & Nighttime Non-medicated Cooling Gel for Teething is a pediatrician recommended brand for 3-month old babies and up. It has chamomile for added bedtime relied and provides instant cooling sensation for teething gums. You can use it on-the-go or even at home because it’s handy. It is Benzocaine-, sugar-, gluten-, dairy-free without any artificial flavors so your little one can use it up to 4 times a day without worries.
● Pediatrician recommended brand
● Very handy
● Non-medicated teething gel
● It causes drooling
2. Nuby Natural Baby Tooth Gel for Sore Gums
Nuby Natural Tooth Gel is perfectly formulated for babies, because it is not only Benzocaine-free, but also Belladonna-free, making it non-toxic and safe to swallow. This USA made teething gel was made with natural ingredients like clove, chamomile and calendula extract for quick relief. Using this will calm, soothe and relax infants who may be teething, or those who are restless and upset.
● Benzocaine and Belladonna free
● Safe to swallow
● One formula for day and night use
● Would trigger clove allergy if any
3. Zarbee’s Naturals Baby Gum Massage Gel
● Plant-based teething gel
● Has chamomile and lemon peel for calming babies
● One formula can be used day and night
● Worth it but a bit expensive
4. Hello Oral Care Natural apple flavor infant teething gel
● Fluoride free teething gel
● Formulated with natural apple flavor
● Safe if swallowed
● Can only be used four times a day at most
5. Dentinox Teething Gel
Help your little one relieve pain faster and effectively with Dentinox Teething Gel. It soothes the gum with just a little dab and gives instant relief so you can always say hello to your baby’s good night sleep.
Give them the comfort they deserve day and night with this teething gel recommended for use from birth onwards.
● Fast and effective relief for teething pain
● Can be used from birth onwards
● A little dab will give pain relief
● Needs to be applied frequently for longer relief
6. Babyganics Single-Use Teething Gel Pods
Babyganics Teething Gel is a Benzocaine free gel and a gum massage that will make your little one
be a happy camper. It is formulated with clove oil, organic coconut oil and organic stevia that’s why
it safe for your little camper. These pods were also made portable, convenient and sanitary so you
can use it anytime, anywhere.
● Made of organic ingredients
● No Benzocaine, parabens, synthetic flavors and dyes
● Effective but a bit expensive
7. Baby Banana – Tooth Gel Toothpaste, Strengthening, Safe-to-Swallow
Provide natural strength for your little brusher’s gums and teeth with Baby Banana Tooth Gel. This is great for sensitive mouths as it does not burn like other minty gels because it made with xylitol. It helps fight off cavities naturally and at the same time relieves pain. It is also fluoride-free, perfectly safe to swallow. It recommended for baby girls and boys, 3-month old and up.
● Fluoride-free teething gel
● Made of xylitol
● Safe to swallow
● Aloe-vera like consistency
8. BALM! Baby *Teething Rescue Kit* All Natural Teething Tincture & Rub
● Organic ingredients
● Environment friendly packaging
● Relieves teething pain
● Fragile (stored in a glass bottle)
9. Wellements Organic Baby Tooth Oil for Teething
scent and touch of sweetness to make teething happy. It is free from dyes, parabens, alcohol and unnecessary preservatives to help families grow and stay healthy. It is recommended for babies 4 months old and up.
● USDA certified organic
● Free of unnecessary preservatives
● Has a mild sweet flavor
● Clove scent is strong
10. Wink Naturals Teething Gel
free, safe, non-habit forming and effective. It is a product developed by doctors using the mildest
ingredients like aloe leaf juice, chamomilla flower extract, licorice root extract, menthol and
peppermint oil for a natural cooling and calming effect.
● Safest option for teething babies
● Gently soothes and cools tender gums
● Made from natural and clinically-poven ingredients
● Little amount of product in the tube
11. Punkin Butt Teething Oil 1 oz Glass Bottle. Chamomile, clove, peppermint. Natural,
safe, effective; PETA Cruelty-Free
● Can also be applied to teething toys
● No harmful chemicals and ingredients
● Can be used as often as needed
● A little leakage from the bottle
12. Weleda Childrens Tooth Gel, Organic baby teething gel
● Mild mint flavor
● Safe to swallow
● There are no other flavor options aside from mint
13. Certified Organic Teething Oil – Ease Pain, Swelling & Discomfort Quickly & Effectively
Relieve your child’s pain quickly and safely with Sweetbottoms Naturals Teething Oil. Give
them comfort with top-grade organic teething oil made specifically for infants. It is USDA
certified organic, rest assured no chemicals or other harmful preservatives was used in its
formula. Apply this as often as needed since it is gentle on every infant’s gums. It is made
of organic materials containing anti-bacterial properties, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory.
● USDA certified organic
● Safe to swallow
● Alleviates discomfort
● Expensive but effective
14. Nuby Natural Soothing Gel for Sore Gums with Bonus Silicone Massaging Toothbrush
● Benzocaine, Belladonna and Paraben free
● Comes with a free Nuby Gum-eez Teether
● 5 Star Bio Republic rating
● Not recommended for babies with clove allergy
15. Calgel 10g / 0.35oz, Gel for use on The Gums, for Children , organic baby teething gel
Calgel Teething Gel is helpful for inflammation during teething. This product is recommended for children over 3 months of age. It effectively reduces teething pain and soothes infant’s gums. You can also use it up to 6 times per day for every 20 minutes. It contains chamomile for instant relief.
● Can be applied 6 times a day
● Soothes inflamed gums
● Has chamomile for instant relief
16. Ashton & Parsons Teething Gel 3
● Protect your little one from teething discomfort with Ashton & Parston’s Teething Gel. It is a bio-adhesive gel that builds invisible film to alleviate pain associated with teething. It contains soothing aloe vera for added relief. This product is free of lactose sugar, alcohol and local anesthetic which is very suitable for infants aged 3 months and above.
● Relieves teething pain
● Lactose and sugar free
● Has a gum massage applicator
● Expensive compared to other gels
17. Jack n Jill Teething Gel 4 Months Vanilla 0 5 oz 15 g
● No artificial sweetener
● Naturally relieves pain
● Formulated with chamomile and calendula
● Expensive for its size
18. Earthley Wellness, Teeth Tamer, Natural Teething Relief, Soothes Drooling,
Irritability and Pain due to Teething
- Organic teething tamer
- Safe and effective
- Can be used by parents, too
● Expensive but worth the price
Teething is just another challenging stage that both parents and children will experience. Providing the best baby teething gel for our little one is necessary in order to alleviate their discomfort but we should never compromise their safety. Always for FDA approved products, pediatrician recommended brands and stay away from teething gels containing Benzocaine, Belladonna and Eugenol to ensure safety. Having the right knowledge means being able to provide the best for our children.