Are you thinking of buying the best baby wash or soap that will keep your baby hair and skin healthy and clean? Have you tried several products and find them to be a sham? Then, it would help if you read this review.
The goal of every mother is to find a product that would not only keep their babies clean but healthy. As a result, they are always on the lookout for the best products that will not irritate their babies. Most of the time, they consult doctors and dermatologists who charge them a token for consultation to know which baby wash is right for their baby. However, we have researched and reviewed five products which are sensitive and good for your baby skins at no cost for you.
How to Choose the Best Baby Wash and Shampoo for Newborns
Choosing the best baby products for our little one is one of the most difficult task that we have because the ‘best’ for one mom might different from your own ‘best’ standards. We have to be very careful in our decision before we purchase a product or brand we will be using on our children to ensure their safety, comfort and the health benefits it would provide them. Below are some of the things we can consider before purchasing a baby soap, wash or shampoo:
- Look for gentle baby soap or shampoo – opt for baby soap that is free of harmful chemicals like parabens and sulfates and artificial fragrances, to prevent the risk of any health hazards or skin reactions. You can also check for an all-natural or organic baby wash. Another good option would also be a tear free wash or shampoo to make bathing more comfortable and fun.
- Avoid extra lather soaps – since a newborn’s skin is very delicate, might as well avoid extra lather soaps as it contains chemicals that might causes skin irritation. Also, it is normal that it won’t lather as much especially if you’re using an organic soap making it gentle on the skin newborn safe.
- Opt for fragrance free soap or shampoo – rather than unscented ones, fragrance-free product are safer to use and will prevent irritations or reactions on the skin because it is totally free of fragrance without masking any scents, even ones that you cannot smell. In unscented ones, there is still a presence of a scent that our nose cannot smell but is still present which causes allergic reactions at times.
- Use hypoallergenic soaps – baby’s skin are delicate, so it is best to be safe than sorry. Hypoallergenic soaps will prevent allergens and irritations which will make our little one uncomfortable.
- Know the product – analyze the ingredients that are used in the soap or shampoo and make sure your child is not allergic to any of it. Most importantly, know your child, better see a doctor or dermatologists if you baby has very sensitive skin to know doctor recommended brands that are safe on your baby’s skin.
Here are the 16 Best Baby Wash & Shampoo that we have reviewed.
1. Original Sprout Hair and Baby Wash
This could be the best baby wash if your baby is having a bad time with dry hair and scalp. Do not try to use the adult shampoo as the chemical make-up of the shampoo is way beyond the pH of the baby’s skin. A more complicated issue might be caused if such happens. Baby shampoo is gentle on the skin and scalp of the baby as it conforms to the pH level of the baby’s skin. It is more potent to remove acne, dryness and cradle cap that your baby might be suffering from.
The Original Sprout Hair and Baby Wash was made with the baby in mind as the manufacturers chose to embrace natural and organic ingredients which they believe would feel natural on the baby’s skin. The product is also free from hormone disruptor. The product is also free from sulfate which can irritate the baby’s skin. Insect attractors like honey and soda fragrances coupled with gluten and soya have been eliminated to give your baby good skincare.
2. Mustela Gentle Cleansing Gel
Mustela, the manufacturer of this cleansing gel, had been in business 60 years ago. They must have learned, unlearned and relearned many things about a baby wash. Gentle Cleansing Gel is one of this company’s best-selling products. This could be as a result of its plant-based substances which made up of the 90% of the product’s ingredients.
This product is good for cradle cap. Cradle cap is something that happens to the baby skin. It is neither an indicator of poor hygiene nor dangerous. This product will moisturize the cradle cap making it easier to be washed off. Using this cleansing gel for your baby, to me, would be beneficial as the company has a stringent standard to keep their products natural. As a result, it ,is free from questionable ingredients which can irritate your baby’s skin.
The product contains avocado extract which is meant to moisture and protects the baby skin. It also contains vitamin B5 for effective cleansing. The company, in line with their policy, does test their products to be sure that they are free from adverse effects.
3. Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo
A pharmacist first developed the first product in the Cetaphil line for all dermatology needs. Later, the product and subsequent Cetaphil products became the dermatologists’ favorites. Thus, this product is dermatologist trusted and tested.
4. Aquaphor Baby Wash & Shampoo
Aquaphor Baby Wash & Shampoo contains mild formula which is designed specifically for babies. It will soothe your baby’s skin in case it is irritated with the help of panthenol and chamomile. For easier usage, the product is packaged in a pump bottle for your use. Thus, it is very convenient to use and rinse easily.
5. Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo
6. Baby Dove Tip to Toe Baby Wash Rich Moisture
7. Noodle & Boo 2-in-1 Newborn Hair & Baby Body Wash for Baby
8. BEB Organic Bubbly Wash. Moisturizing Aloe and Coconut Based Hair and Body Wash with Green Tea and Calendula Extract for Preemies and Newborns
9. Babyology – 100% Edible Ingredients – Baby Wash & Shampoo – Organic Lavender (Essential Oil)
Include Babyology Natural Baby Wash and Shampoo in your options if you are wanting to ensure that what you put on your baby’s skin is not only safe on the outside but also inside, meaning the ingredients use to formulated this baby wash and shampoo is edible. Yes it is a baby skin and bath care made from 100% edible ingredients. It doesn’t have parabens, sythentic fragrance, and chemicals for ultimate safety. It has oat aminos for natural cleansing and foaming properties leaving skin cotton soft.
10. Organic Baby Shampoo & Body Wash with Aloe, Cucumber, Citrus Essential Oils – Safe, Gentle, Tear Free – Eczema Friendly
Keep bath time happy with no more tears. If you’re looking for an organic baby wash and shampoo, you can add BareBaby Organics Premium Shampoo and Body Wash on your list. It has natural plant-based extracts from kiwi, ginger, cucumber, parsley and spinach which are rich in minerals and stimulate blood circulation to revitalize skin, strengthen hair and moisturize it. An all-natural way to keep you baby’s skin and hair healthy. It is 100% gluten free with no parabens, sulfates and artificial fragrances to make sure what inside the bottle is just enough for your baby’s skin to handle.
11. Burt’s Bees Baby Buttermilk Soap, 100% Natural Baby Soap Bar
12. Unscented Castile Bar Soap – Made with Organic Oils, For Face, Body and Hair, Gentle for Sensitive Skin and Babies
13. Baby Bar Soap with Cold Cream, Ceramides and Natural Avocado Perseose, for Dry Skin
14. Baby Dove Sensitive Moisture Tip to Toe Wash
15. Fragrance, Paraben, & Sulfate Free Shampoo for Tear-Free Baby Bath Time
The use of body wash and shampoo should not be limited for cleansing purposes only, apart from protecting your newborns or babies from germs and bacteria, you should also protect him from irritants or allergens that would cause him discomfort. CeraVe Baby Wash and Shampoo will cover this concern for you. It has the essential ceramides needed to gently cleanse your baby’s hair and skin and at the same time restores and maintains the natural protective barrier of the skin to keep it hydrated all day. It’s free of parabens, sulfates and fragrance, recommended to baby’s delicate skin because it is mild and safe on any skin types.
- NEA seal of acceptance
- Tear free for a happier bath time
- Developed with dermatologists
- The bottle is not tightly sealed
16. 3-in-1 Baby Shampoo Bubble Bath and Body Wash
Replace your multiple bottles with Lil’ Leona 3-in-1 Baby Shampoo Bubble Bath and Body Wash, and make your baby’s bath time hassle free. Use this shampoo and body wash without drying out the hair or the skin. It is organic, made from plant-based ingredients that is why it’s ideal for newborns. formulated for babies, without parabens, sulfates and chemicals; mild and safe for delicate skin especially for those babies with eczema or cradle cap.
- Safe and gentle on baby’s delicate skin
- Leaves skin soft and smell clean
- 3-in-1 solution for a hassle free bath time
- It is not tear free
17. Johnson’s Calming Baby Shampoo with Soothing NaturalCalm Scent
If you believe in the saying “less is more”, might as well try Johnson’s Calming Baby Shampoo, with now 50% less ingredients to make sure that it contains only the best. It has natural calming aroma that will help your baby have a good night sleep after every bath, with no more tears while bathing. This shampoo is hypoallergenic, formulated to be gentle and never harsh, without parabens, dyes and sulfates, leaving your baby’s hair smooth and shiny.
- No more tears
- Hypoallergenic, no parabens, sulfates or dyes
- Pediatrician tested
Dispenser pump is easily broken
Tips for Easy Bath Time for Baby
Follow the simple steps below for a hassle-free baby bath time:
- Warm the room before bathing your little one. Babies easily get cold so start with warm room temperature. Also, keep all bathing supplies near and handy.
- Undress your baby, always support his lower back and neck and have him face towards
- Pour warm water on his body apart from the head, make sure every part is covered
- Apply some baby shampoo and gently massage it. Use a cup to gently rinse it and be careful not to let any water inside his nose and ears.
- Use a washcloth to clean his face and ears
- Wipe the eyes using damp cotton balls from the inside towards outside.
- Apply body wash or soap all over his body, then rinse well
- Keep pouring warm water to keep your baby warm because they might start crying if they feel cold
- Wrap your baby in a soft towel and gently dry him
- Apply lotion for additional moisture, put on diaper and clothing
How to Bathe a Newborn Step by step Video
It is always important to know everything about a product if possible before purchasing one and Use it on your baby. Check the ingredients used in the shampoo or baby wash to make sure it does not contain irritants or harmful chemicals that would cause you and your baby discomfort. Always read trusted articles for products reviews and get some tips on the things you should consider first before jumping into buying a product. Go for brands that are pediatrician or dermatologist recommended or better to have your baby checked first , especially if he/she has extra-sensitive skin to know which product is best and safe for your little one’s skin. With this review, you can always go for any product of your choice once you are satisfied with the product. This review does not preclude any further research from you.