Skin inevitably changes as you go through pregnancy, some women glow and bloom while others experience itchiness and dryness. It’s a sad truth because it affects our confidence as women, but we can never control the hormonal imbalances or changes in our body so better embrace it with the best body wash for pregnancy to lessen the impurities and achieve the glow you used to have.
Don’t stress yourself out reading every bottle labels in the market because we already have the list of recommended best body wash and soap for soon-to-be moms like you. Most are dermatologist recommended and clinically proven to cleanse gently and moisturize skin.
What to Consider in Choosing Body Wash for Pregnant Women
When choosing a body wash during pregnancy, don’t just focus on the “best” based on a certain advertisement or an influencer’s standard, rather look for the right body wash for you and your baby. Below are some of things you should consider:
- Best Transformer Toys for Kids 2020 – Review & Buying Guide
- The 18 Best Wagons for Your Kids | Reviews 2020
- The 12 Best Baby Toys For Newborns Review & Guide 2020
- The 12 Best Baby Swing Set for Colic | Review & Guide 2020
- The 20 Best Baby Teething Toys 2020 – Affordable and Safe
- Top 16 Best Baby Cream for Face : 2020 To Choose From
What you feed on your skin will easily reflect how feed on it. It better to be fully aware of the ingredients in every body wash bottles so you can keep yourself from any allergic reactions if you have sensitive skin. Opt for a pH balanced and hypoallergenic body wash so you can save yourself from irritation. If you have an existing skin condition, it is best to look for products with NEA acceptance seal.
- Skin Benefit
You may experience dryness and itchiness during pregnancy so it’s important that you also check for body wash will keep your skin clean and moisturized all day long so you can also prevent having stretchmarks. Look for body wash with infused with natural moisturizers such as aloe vera , coconut oil, coconut essential and oats for a smoother and softer skin.
Packaging is a common issue for every consumer. It is either the product has spilled upon delivery or they cannot use the nozzle or pump easily. One way or another it causes discomfort and most importantly wastes the money they have paid for the product. So make sure that the body wash container or bottle doesn’t have packaging flaws or issues in order to fully enjoy the product you have paid for.
Having a baby means a growing family, meaning more responsibility and expenses. Always check the price because you wouldn’t want to spend on something that won’t even benefit you. Try to weigh the pros and cons of any product before buying one.
Use the frequently asked questions of many pregnant women as a guide to help you in finding the best body wash for you.
1. Q: What body ingredients should be avoided during pregnancy?
A: As much as possible opt for organic and plant-based body wash during pregnancy, but if not at least avoid those that contain parabens, sulfates and phthalates. Studies have found that exposure to the said harmful ingredients could lead to abnormal fetal development and could put soon-to-be moms at risk of high blood pressure and diabetes.
2. Q: How can I say that a body wash is safe for my pregnancy?
A: During pregnancy, women tend to be more sensitive, a body wash is considered safe for pregnant women as long as it doesn’t contain the mention harmful chemicals above. It is best to consult your physician before using one if you have extra-sensitive skin. Also, read the labels and all the ingredients used in certain product so you can be aware of any irritation it could cause you specially if you have allergies.
3. Q: Will body wash help me get rid of dry and itchy skin during maternity?
A: Absolutely! You just need to be keen about the ingredients used in the product so you can be you can be safe from dry and itchy skin during pregnancy.
Top 10 Best Body Washes & Soaps for Pregnancy
1. Puracy Natural Body Wash, Citrus & Sea Salt, Bath & Shower Gel for Men and Women
Feed your skin with the plant-powered ingredients by trying Puracy Natural Body Wash in Citrus & Sea scent. It will leave your skin clean and hydrated. Worry no more about irritation because it’s pH balanced (5.5) to perfectly match any skin type. It doesn’t contain harsh chemicals so you and your baby are guaranteed safe, fresh and hydrated.
• No harsh ingredients ( SLS, SLES, SCS)
• Made from plant-based ingredients
• Relaxing scent of ocean air
• Pump is easily broken
2. OGX Extra Creamy + Coconut Miracle Oil Ultra Moisture Body Wash
Having problems with dry skin? No worries, because OGC Extra Cream + Coconut Miracle Oil Body Wash will help you restore moisture even to driest skin. Indulge yourself with it creamy, ultra-hydrating blend for a more relaxing bath. It is enriched with coconut oil, essence of tiare & vanilla bean extract to restore that glow.
• Sulfate-free surfactants
• Made of coconut oil for added shine and softness
• Nourishes and hydrates skin
• Scent is not that strong
3. CeraVe Body Wash for Dry Skin – Moisturizing Body Wash with Hyaluronic Acid
If you have sensitive and dry skin, include CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash in your options. It safe for all skin types and has the National Eczema Association acceptance seal. This cleanses the body with 3 essential ceramides to help restore the protective skin barrier. It has a foaming action to gently refresh the skin and leave keep it hydrated.
• Free of soap and sulfates
• NEA accepted
• Foaming action
• Bottle is hard to squeeze
4. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash with Soothing Oat
Calm and relax yourself from the daily changes in your body as you bath with Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash. It is enriched with lavender, chamomile and ylang-ylang to relieve stress as it also gently cleanse and moisturize your skin. This lavender scented wash is hypoallergenic, soap-free and dye-free to keep your skin naturally healthy and balanced.
• Dermatologist recommended brand
• Gentle even on sensitive skin
• Formulated with soothing oat
• Lavender scent is overpowered by ylang-ylang
5. Dove Body Wash For Dry Skin Dryness Relief With Authentic Jojoba Oil
Dove Dryness Relief is another recommended body wash for soon-to-be moms because it is infused with Jojoba Oil that locks in moisture for a smoother and softer skin even during pregnancy. This is also pH balanced, helping maintain your skin’s natural moisture. This rich, creamy and cocooning formula is gentle even for sensitive skin making I the #1 dermatologist recommended moisturizing body wash.
• Formulated with authentic jojoba oil
• Cruelty-free and Sulfate-free
• Mild and pH balanced
• Scent is too sweet
6. The Right To Shower Body Wash For an Ethical Clean Joy Sulfate-Free Bodywash
If you are looking for an all-one body wash; body soap, hand soap, shampoo and face wash for everyone, then The Right to Shower Body Wash is for you! Choose a body wash without harming your skin, the environment and even animals. This product is 100% vegan and never tested on animals. It is made from naturally derived cleaner infused with aloe vera for refreshed and smooth skin.
• Certified organic product
• Sulfate-free body wash
• Tangerine and Honeysuckle scent
• Smells nice but way too fragrant
7. Love Beauty And Planet Relaxing Rain Body Wash Argan Oil & Lavender
Love Beauty and Planet Relaxing Rain Body Wash will help you achieve the soothing relaxation you need to calm your mind and refresh your body. It is infused with organic coconut oil, natural argan oil and heirloom French lavender scent for a perfectly relaxed bath time. It also nourishes the skin and keeps it soft and smooth. Help save the environment through this bottle because it 100% made of recycled materials.
• Lathers nicely
• Moisturizes the skin
• Relaxing and calming scent
• Bottle easily leaks
8. Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender Body Wash and Shower Gel
Gently cleanse and restore your skin with Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender Body Wash. It is infused with plant-based ingredients such as lavender, quinoa protein, aloe and botanical cleansers to purify and nourish skin. Replenish your skin with the soothing aroma of lavender essential oils that calms the body and mind.
• Contains organic ingredients
• No parabens, sulfates and preservatives
• Vegan and biodegradable
• Pump is easily clogged
9. Live Clean Coconut Milk Moisturizing Body Wash
• Free of Parabens, Petrolatum and SLS
• Gently cleanse and moisturizes skin
• Cruelty free
• Sweet fragrance doesn’t linger
10. Jason Natural Body Wash and Shower Gel
Envelope your body in all-over softness with Jason Natural Body Wash. Keep your skin soft, smooth and energized with its botanical surfactants enriched with vitamin E and B5. It has lemongrass extract and orange peel leaving skin moisturized and hydrated. Its formula is made safe for all skin types, without parabens, sulfates, phthalates or petrolatum.
• Cruelty free certified
• Enriched with vitamins E and B5
• Pure and natural
• Scent is a bit strong
11. Renpure Plant-Based Beauty Detoxifying Charcoal Clarifying +body wash
Remove impurities with the gentle and deep cleansing properties of bamboo charcoal with Renpure Plant-Based Beauty Detoxifying Charcoal Body Wash. It has the refreshing scent of mint leaves, wild fern and violet. This body wash is made from carefully sourced plant based ingredients to detox skin and remove dead skin cells for a completely nourished smooth skin.
• Free of Sulfates, Parabens, Dyes, Phthalates and Gluten
• Plant-based ingredients
• Clean fresh scent
• Bottle is easily broken
12. Suave Essentials Body Wash with Vitamin E Ocean Breeze Fragrance Bodywash and Shower Gel
Instantly hydrate your skin with Suave essentials Body Wash With Viamin E Ocean Breeze Fragrance Body Wash. It is a creamy body wash with an uplifting scent of hyacinth and fresh sandalwood, topped off with a splash of sheer freesia for more refreshed feeling after bath. It is infused with sea algae extract and vitamin E for soft and smoother skin.
• Rinses off easily
• Refreshing ocean scent
• Ideal for use on sensitive skin
• Doesn’t lather well
13. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash – Cleanses and Calms to Help Prevent Dry, Itchy Skin
Prevent dry skin and keep your glow with Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash. It is a ermatologist recommended brand with omega oils and natural lipids to help soothe and moisturize dry, itchy skin. It has a unique soap free formula that mildly cleanses without over-drying so as not to irritate skin.
• Fragrance and dye free
• Leaves no residue after rinsing
• Relieves itchiness caused by dry skin
• Fragrance free but doesn’t smell so nice
14. Dr. Bronner Hemp Peppermint Pure Castile Oil Made With Organic Oils Certified
You can also trust the family soapmakers since 1858 and try Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Hemp Peppermint Pure Castile Soap. Have a refreshing bath with peppermint scent that would linger for hours. Use this soap for a clean fresh scent not only for your body because you can also use this in your kitchen, laundry and even for your pets. This soap cleanses everything without chemicals and perfumes.
• Literally a bottle for everyday use
• Minty fresh scent
• No harmful chemicals and synthetic perfumes
• Not tear-free formula
15. NIVEA Crème Moisture Body Wash – Classic Fresh Scent for Dry Skin
Get the long lasting moisture you’ve been longing for with Nivea Crème Moisture Body Wash with its classic fresh scent. This contains moisturizing ingredients and specifically formulated for dry skin. It is enriched with cream Shea Butter to hydrate skin and keep it health looking all day long with no greasy feel.
• Keeps skin moisturized and hydrated
• No greasy feel
• Skin soothing sensation
• Watery and thin
16. Mustela Gentle Cleansing Gel, Baby Hair and Body Wash
Why not go for products that are intended for babies? Mustela Cleansing Gel is a 2-in-1 product that you can use for body and hair. It cleans and softens skin gently. It’s formulated with Natural Avocado Perseose fortified with vitamin B5 to reinforce skin barriers and keep it healthy-looking inside out. It is made from naturally-derived ingredients so it’s hypoallergenic and free of harmful chemicals like parabens, phthalates and phenoxyenthanol.
• Composed of 90% plant-based ingredients
• Gentle on all skin types
• Tear-free formula
• Scent is too strong
17. Kiss My Face Anti-stress Bath and Shower Gel, Moisturizing Body Wash
Kiss My Face Anti-Stress Bath and Shower Gel is the perfect body wash to instantly calm your mind from your daily grinds. It is infused with the aromatherapeutic calming scent of woodland pine and ginseng blended with plant-based cleansers like olive oil, aloe and vitamin E to moisturize and hydrate the skin.
• No parabens, phthalates, and SLS
• Anti-oxidants and amino acids to nourish the skin
• Cruelty free
• Nozzle leaks
18. Earth Mama Simply Non-Scents Foaming Hand Soap Refill
Get the mild skin protection you need naturally with Earth Mama Organics Baby Wash. It’s castile-based liquid soap not only for newborns but also for pregnant mamas and everybody in between. This dermatologist tested and unscented soap is hypoallergenic and free of any artificial fragrance, Triclosan, phthalates, parabens and sulfates. It is infused with calendula for soothing and calming relief.
• Made with organic herbs and oils
• No synthetic fragrance
• Clinically tested for irritation
• Pump is easily broken
19. Everyone 3-in-1 Soap – Body Wash, Shampoo, and Bubble Bath – Coconut + Lemon
If you are looking for a 3-in-1 soap for the whole family, then don’t forget to check out Everyone 3-in-1 Soap with coconut and lemon as the main ingredient. It is made with plant extracts and pure essential oils to cleanse and moisturize the skin. This GMO-, cruelty-, gluten-free soap is blended with fresh citrus scent of lemon that works great as a body wash, shampoo and bubble bath.
• Synthetic fragrance free
• Contains plant extracts like aloe vera, calendula and chamomile
• Soap for everyone
• Thin consistency
20. CeraVe Body Wash with Salicylic Acid
If you are looking for a body wash that could exfoliate rough and bumpy skin, try CeraVe Body Wash with Salicylic Acid. It cleanses and exfoliates without disrupting the protective skin barrier. Use this body wash with no worries because it doesn’t contain harsh microbeads that irritate the skin and it won’t clog your pores. It is also non-drying and fragrance free.
• Gentle exfoliant
• Skin smoothing formula
• Great for rough and bumpy skin
• Packaging flaws
Tips for Skincare During Pregnancy
1. Moisturize in the Morning
Hormonal changes can agitate your skin, since parts of your body are growing, expanding and stretching. That’s it’s important to go for a body wash to gently moisturize your skin. You can also use pregnancy-safe lotion or moisturizers for a hydrated soft skin.
2. Increase your water intake
Drink lots of water to keep you hydrates. This will also help keep your complexion clear and plump. Most importantly your baby will get the nutrients and hydration needed for him/her to be safe and sound in your belly.
3. Exfoliate once a week
Pregnant or not it is important to exfoliate your skin and remove those dead skin cells that clog your pores. Just don’t over-exfoliate because your skin is way more sensitive and it can scar easily so be gentle when exfoliate. Baking soda is a great recipe for a natural exfoliant.
4. Avoid hot baths or showers
Have a relaxing shower time by using lukewarm water and avoid hot bath because it can increase your body temperature and in turn could affect the baby in your womb.
Searching for the best body wash for pregnant women? Awareness plays an important role in choosing the best. Remember that knowing what’s best means the right brand of body wash for your skin. Since your skin is more sensitive, always check for body wash infused with naturally derived ingredients or best if it’s organic and hypoallergenic so you can save yourself from dry and itchy skin. Check out products recommended by dermatologists and experienced moms for better understanding. If you have an existing skin condition, it is best to consult with your physician to make sure that it wouldn’t worsen your condition.
Moisturize your skin daily and follow the healthy and natural skin care routine mentioned for clear, glowing skin free from dryness and itchiness.