Although the exact causes of colic are generally unknown, gastroesophageal reflux or swallowing too much air in the abdomen while feeding the bottle is a possible cause.
To prevent this, many of today’s top brands have started making baby bottles that are specifically designed to reduce the amount of inhaled air bubbles while eating.
So let’s look at some great options that will hopefully help reduce your baby’s crying and discomfort while eating and take away both you and your baby’s stress.
The 16 Best Bottles to Help Prevent Gas and Reflux
1. Chicco NaturalFit Bottle
During feeding, the milk comes from the baby’s corner of the mouth, and this is something that causes an ear infection. But the Chicco offers no spilling of fluid from the mouth. The nipples are now made of silicone and healthy.
If you are concerned about the milk flow, you do not have to be tense. The nipples ensure a maximum level of comfort and ensure that your baby does not overfeed.
Chicco bottles can be used for your baby from the first day of his birth. Two anti-colic valves prevent bubbles and air insufficiency.
The nipples mimic breastfeeding.
- Full neck design for easy cleaning.
- The bottle is straightforward to hold.
- Some complaints from users that the flow is too fast for their newborn.
2. Mixie Formula-Mixing Baby Bottle
You will probably never find a bottle that is designed to be impressive, such as the Mixie Formula Mixing Bottle. Not only the design, but the Mixie formula compartment is also exclusively special, why?
Because there are two compartments in the bottle. The larger compartment for storing water and the smaller compartment stores other components. This is the exclusive technology to avoid the water from mixing with the elements until you are ready to feed your baby. This means that you must always give your baby fresh milk.
Aside from feeding the fresh milk to your baby, one of the magnificent peaks is that you don’t always have to rise from your bed when your baby is hungry or crying at night, how? You are free to go to sleep with the Mixie bottles and when your baby wakes up and complains to eat; press the bottle, shake well, and add fresh milk every time.
Otherwise, the next time you travel, you are ready to give the baby fresh milk. Your baby will hardly become gaseous for the nipple ventilated formula. Ventilated nipple helps prevent the fluid from being mixed with the air, which usually makes the baby gaseous. So this anti-gas baby bottle keeps your baby healthy and subtle.
- Does not create clutter for the two-compartment formula.
- The nipples are consists of silicone and the skin soft.
- The fantastic bottle to feed while traveling.
- BPA free.
- Never leak.
- One problem is that it has too many parts to wash, and the price is a bit steep.
3. MAM Baby Bottles
Do you prefer both breast and bottle feeding? The MAM bottles are then good for you. Your baby will have the most significant natural, comfortable dining experience. The bottle components are easily sterilized in the microwave in 3 minutes.
- The design is self-sterilizing.
- Gas and pressure are not present.
- It is Dishwasher safe.
- BPA free.
- One of the disadvantages is that you need to make sure that each piece is precisely in place. Otherwise, they will leak everywhere.
4. Tommee Tippee Bottle
- The cleaning process is straightforward for the wide neck.
- Nipple simulates breastfeeding.
- Ensures a prolonged milk flow.
- The design is comfortable but attractive.
- Nipple valve is leak-free and avoids the emission of air.
- Some seem to experience a little rapid flow of the nipple
5. Comotomo Baby Bottle
These bottles have double anti-colic openings to ensure proper air circulation in the bottle to prevent unwanted colic, spitting, burping, gas and preventing leaks. Mothers love these bottles because the wide neck makes it super easy to clean.
- Tolerates boiling water, microwave, and sterilizers.
- Simple minimal four-part design.
- Provides for the slow flow for one hole in the nipple.
- User-friendly for feeding the baby.
- The numbers are not easy to read unless they are held against the light, but the good thing is that they do not fade with multiple washes.
6. Playtex Baby Bottle
The nipples are soft like mother nipples to provide original facial expressions. The Playtex bottles are designed with an opening at the bottom of the bottle. So, the air does not mix with the milk while your baby eats. Your baby is free of the problem of swallowing air bubbles.
- The flow rate of the nipple is slow.
- Offers the comfortable feed.
- Easy to lock.
- The price is very affordable in terms of quality and benefits.
- After the bottle is heated, it can leak somewhere
7. Philips Avent Bottle
So the part involved in the anti-gas function. You get the anti-gas unique ventilation system in the nipple. It helps to let the air flow back to the top of the bottle, and the gas comes away from the baby’s mouth. The nipples including, the bottles, are BPA-free and can last a long time for the feeding years of babies.
- The design is very simple but classic.
- No effort is required to clean.
- It is entirely dishwasher safe.
- The anti-colic characteristic.
- No milk penetration in the nipple.
- The bottle is not perfect for children who are less than one month or so.
8. Tinukim Hands-Free Baby Bottle
The air flow from the nipple valve is low. This way, your baby can consume milk with the maximum relaxation phase. It is clinically proven that the venting technology of the Tinukim bottles prevents bubbles and gas in the milk. It also helps to reduce the risk of ear infections.
- Very useful when you are on the road for car journeys, shopping, and travel.
- Safe for use in microwaves and boiling water.
- It is suitable for freezer use.
- It is BPA and lead-free.
- It is Self-sterilized.
- Recommended for only 3+ months of babies.
9. Dr. Brown’s Original Bottle
Apart from preventing air bubbles in milk, the original bottle made by Dr. Brown the oxidation of nutrients. It is proven that Dr. Brown’s bottles can deliver more vitamins A, C, and E. Babies always seem to have their best speed while eating them. In a pure thought, babies get the same pace as nipples from breastfeeding.
- Absent air in the bottle.
- BPA free.
- The internal venting system is great.
- Preserves the nutrients of milk.
- Prevents the fluid from getting into the ear.
- The parts are a lot to assemble.
- Not easy to wash.
10. Munchkin Latch Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
The nipple is also very flexible. When the baby moves the head, the nipple flexes correctly. Thus, the baby can easily hold the latch and prevent infections of the ears. The anti-colic valve on the bottom of the bottle ensures that no air bubbles flow into the stomach. Munchkin Latch is prevalent among 80% of mothers as an anti-gas baby bottle.
- The smooth transition back and forth for breastfeeding babies.
- The bottle is consist of polypropylene.
- Very easy to clean.
- Nipples can collapse during feeding.
11. Evenflo Feeding Angled Proflo Vented Baby, Infant, and Newborn Bottles
- Detailed marks for the measurement do not come out in the wash
- You can feed your child upright with a curved bottle
- The ventilated design prevents the air from flowing back
- The soft exterior is comfortable to hold
- Lids are challenging to turn off
- Covers can become unprotected if they are tightened too tightly
12. Evenflo Feeding Premium Proflo venting balance with broad neck
- The vast sloping nipple is a natural feeling
- Gulp-free flow to prevent the need for slurping
- Too fast for some babies
- Difficult to find nipples
13. Joovy Boob Pp
- No problems with children who collapse the nipples
- The nipple is more extended, so you don’t have to tilt it too far back
- Great design and very easy to assemble
- A little expensive than some others
- The current is a bit fast for the first phase
14. Nuk with Perfect Fit Nipple
- Do not produce much gas
- The nipples are suitable for baby’s teeth
- Very soft and realistic nipple
- Some find that the ventilation openings cause leakage
15. Medela bottle with breast milk
Let us face it, nobody wants to break the bank when shopping for baby things, and the best baby bottles can become expensive. So if you find one that works well and is affordable, it’s a reason for a party. Medela’s breast milk bottle has a prize that makes mothers happy and offers many great features. This bottle scores highly among mothers, thanks to their leak-proof design and easy-to-read measurements. Breastfeeding mothers love being connected directly to the pump.
- Balance plus neck for functional locking
- Few pieces to put together
- Cleaning is simple
- Fast flow may not be ideal for some babies
16. Think baby all in one bottle
The eating habits of babies naturally change with age. Instead of buying multiple sippy cups and baby bottle, you opt for a bottle system that can advance with your child. The thinkbaby bottle lasts from the newborn to the age of 4, thanks to the innovative design. When the baby is ready to graduate for a sippy cup, change the bottle caps and slide over the cup handles.
- Affordable price
- Flexible nipple
- The nipple is comfortable to lock.
- May sometimes leak
In short, many bottles claim to work with reflux babies. Many of them can be disappointing, and that is why we have researched the best bottles for gas and refluxing babies for you.
Do not forget that not every bottle works for your baby because it works for others. Keep the list in mind because it assists you to limit yourself to the best bottle for gas and reflux that fits your baby and budget.