Great bubble bath means fun time for kids of all ages. Who doesn’t want a bubble bath?
It is also a good time to spend quality time with your little one. Make sure your child is enjoying his bath time because it’s also a good training ground for them to learn basic hygiene. But the question is how sure are we that they are indeed enjoying their bath time? How sure are we that the product we are using is safe for our little one?
Safety is our priority, as long as we keep our children safe, I know we will go an extra mile to make sure they are safe and comfortable. So, read on and find out what we should consider and what to avoid in order to arrive at the best baby bubble bath.
What to Consider in Choosing the Best Baby Bubble Bath
1. Safe Ingredients
Products that prioritize is considered best. Make sure to check the labels and certifications of any product before purchasing one to ensure that what you are using will not harm you baby’s delicate skin most especially when he/she has existing skin conditions extra care should be done. Below is a list of ingredients or chemicals rather that you should avoid if possible because it causes allergic skin reaction and poses health hazards:
- SLS or Sodium Laureth Sulfate
It is always safe to use natural or organic based bubble bath so we can avoid allergic reactions.
2. Bubble Factor
What’s a bubble bath without bubble? It is important to know through reviews and recommendations if a certain bubble bath product produces serious bubbles because it is certainly where the fun is! But we need to be mindful of the ingredients as mentioned above because most bubble baths are produced with SLS, so better do your research thoroughly so you can check for alternatives that are gentle on the skin, those with less chemicals or organic based for our little one to have a healthier looking skin.
3. Dermatologist or Pediatrician Recommended Bubble Bath
We can do our own research to find the best bubble bath product for our baby, of course we know what’s best for them but nothing is wrong with trusting professional’s recommended products right? Since they have the knowledge needed to examine or know which brand is safe and which is not maybe we can put a little trust in their profession.
Check for bubble baths that would not cause discomfort because any allergic reactions. Safety and comfort are already intertwined when it comes to babies. Do all the background checks to know which ingredient your baby is allergic to.
Tips and Tricks for a Safe and Fun-filled Bath Time
- Place a non-skid mat before bath time to ensure your little one’s safety as well as yours.
- Keep everything that you need for your baby’s bath time such as bubble bath, towels, shampoo, etc.,,within your reach
- Use age-appropriate toys for a fun-filled quality time with your little one.
- Make sure you are using a safe bubble bath for your baby to make sure it won’t harm your precious little ones skin.
You may use these frequently asked questions as guide to help you choose the best bubby bath for your little one:
1. Q: What water temperature should i use for the bubble bath?
A: Bath water should never feel hot and uncomfortable because it can affect the baby’s skin barrier. According to National Eczema Association, it is best to use lukewarm water for bubble baths.
2. Q: Can I use bubble bath as a shampoo or wash for my baby?
A: Yes, you can since it has the same consistency as a shampoo or wash, also there are 3-in-1 bubble baths available in the market that you can use as a shampoo wash so you can just buy one product for all 3 purposes.
3. Q: How do I know that is safe for babies with sensitive skin?
A: You may opt for bubble baths that has NEA Seal to ensure that it is safe for baby’s with existing skin conditions. You may also check for products that are plant-based and organic since avoiding chemicals will also prevent allergic skin reactions.
Check out for the best bubble bath for your baby as recommended by professionals and moms below:
Top 16 Best Bubble Bath for Baby
1 . Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Bath with Relaxing Lavender & Vanilla Scents
If you’re looking for a baby bath that will keep your little one calm, while leaving his/her skin soft and clean, check out Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Bath. It has a lavender and vanilla scent that provides a soothing effect perfect for your fussy baby’s bedtime. It is formulated with natural oat extracts, to retain moisture on the skin, leaving it feeling soft, clean and healthy.
This pediatrician recommended brand is also tear-, paraben-, soap-, and phthalate –free is gentle enough for babies’ delicate skin.
-Has skin-soothing benefits
– Tear free bath
– Hypoallergenic, free from parabens and phthalate
-Clinically proven to calm and comfort infants when combined with warm bath
2. Bubble Bath for Kids & Sensitive Skin Types – Lavender Vanilla Aromatherapy – Gentle & Tear Free Baby Bubble Bath for Children
If you’re looking for a tear-free bubble bath for children of all ages, then this Natural Kids Bubble Bath will save you daily endeavor on how to keep bath time for your little one fun! This tear-free bubble bath is formulated with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E to moisturize baby’s skin and prevent dryness. Use it without fear of any allergic reactions because it is gentle and ultra-mild, soothing and made from non-irritating bath formula. Use this cruelty-free product with aromatherapy enhanced with vanilla and lavender for calming and soothing effect both during and after bathing.
-Formulated for sensitive skin
-Tear free bubble bath for babies of all ages
-Infused with aromatherapy
– it has parabens
3. Honest Bubble Bath for baby, Sweet Orange Vanilla
Soothe your little one with Honest Bubble Bath, keep his skin nourished without over drying in this plant-based formula with essential oils. Let him enjoy his bathing routine with no more tears. It is gentle, mild and calming with super-foaming bubbles that cleanses and help retain moisture for delicate skin. This everyday gentle sweet orange aroma is one of the popular scents, with enriching extracts and oils combined with organic botanicals that leave skin so soft and smooth.
– Made without SLS, Sulfates, parabens and synthetic fragrances
-Super-foaming bubble bath
-Helps retain moisture for delicate skin
– not recommended for kids with eczema
4. Babyganics Bubble Bath, Fragrance Free
If you’re looking for a Pediatrician and Dermatologist tested bubble, you can check out Babyganics Bubble Bath. It is formulated without parabens, sulfate, phthalates, mineral oil and petrolatum so it is safe for delicate and sensitive skin. PLus it is also a cruelty product because it’s not tested on animals. Keep your baby fresh all day because of its plant-derived fragrance. Be a worry-free mom with this tear free bubble bath formulated with certified organic ingredients.
-recommended by professionals
– tear free bath for your little one
– formulated with plant-derived fragrance and artificial dyes
5. Baby Mantra 3-in-1 Bubble Bath, Shampoo and Body Wash made with Natural, Hypoallergenic
Looking for a multi-purpose bubble bath? Might as well add Baby Mantra 3-in-1 Bubble Bath, Shampoo+Wash on your list for your little one.It is safe for everyday use because it’s made from the best non-toxic, natural and organic ingredients; it does not contain sulfates, parabens, phthalates, dyes and synthetic fragrances. It is also lightly scented so it won’t trigger allergic reactions, especially for those who are sensitive to fragrances and scents. Be at ease when bathing with allergy tested, PETA certified, cruelty-free and gluten free bubble bath soap.
– 3-in-1 bubble bath, shampoo and body wash
– Lightly scented
– Perfect for children with skin allergies
– not tear free
6. Alaffia, Everyday Coconut Bubble Bath for Babies & Kids, Gentle for Sensitive to Very Dry Skin Types
If you are looking for a baby bubble bath with non-irritating ingredients, then this ALAFFIA Everyday Coconut Bubble Bath is for you! It is gentle for sensitive to very dry skin types. It’s naturally foamy with virgin coconut oil, calming yarrow and chamomile to nourish and help soften skin. Bath your babies on bubble with clean ingredients and free from harsh chemicals, because it is free of parabens, sulfates, dyes, gluten and synthetic fragrances. It is also made from non-GMO ingredients to make sure you enjoy bath time with your little one with less worries.
– made from non-GMO ingredients
– Naturally foaming
– helps nourish and soften skin
– it is not tear free
7. Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body WashNatural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash because it is made with babies in mind. It is gentle and nourishing on baby’s skin including those with eczema, cradle cap and sensitive skin. It contains no allergens and irritants so it is safe for daily use even on infants. Let your baby enjoy his bath time with this ph-balanced product that provides mounds of cleaning bubbles as it also purifies and moisturizes skin. It contains no harsh chemicals such as SLS and sulfates, and eye-numbing agents, surely made for children use daily.
– Certified cruelty-free
– no harsh chemicals
– Made for skin of all types
– has mild fragrance
8. Johnson’s Hypoallergenic Bedtime Baby Bubble Bath Wash with NaturalCalm Aromas
-No more tears formula
– has soothing and calming effect
-The pump bottle doesn’t dispense properly
9. Burt’s Bees Baby Bubble Bath
– Tear free
-Not super-foamy and needs a lot of liquid to bubble
10. Babo Botanicals Lavender Meadowsweet Calming Baby Bubble Bath & Wash
Babo Botanicals Calming Baby Shampoo & Wash is your pick if you are looking for a soothing bubble bath that is cruelty-free and vegan-free. It is enriched with natural lavender flower oil, for therapeutic purposes that has been proven to help aid in better sleep for our little one. It also has a soothing effect on irritated skin. Use it to ease your baby’s skin from discomfort brought by skin allergies, since it also offers antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties because it is made with organic meadowsweet flower extract leaving the skin smooth and soft.
– Provides long lasting moisture
– Rich in vitamins, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory
– formulated without high allergens ingredients’
-not tear free
11. Live Clean Baby Calming Bedtime Bubble Bath and Wash
– Made from 97% plant-based ingredients
– Cruelty free
– no Parabens, sulfates and harmful chemicals
– DOesn’t bubble as much
12. California Baby Calming Bubble Bath, No Tear, Pure Essential Oils for Bathing, Hot Tubs
– Safe for use on all skin types
– has calming and soothing effect
– Does not contain irritants and allergens
-not tear free
13. Johnson’s Baby Bubble Bath
– No more tears formula
– Pediatrician and dermatologist tested
– #1 skin care brand
– It doesn’t bubble a lot
14. Organic Baby Bubble Bath with Aloe, Cucumber, Citrus Essential Oils
– safe and non-toxic ingredients
– organic hair and skin care
– gentle bubble bath
– It doesn’t produce much bubble
15. Mr. Bubble Bubble Bath, Extra Gentle, Fragrance-Free
– Tear free formula
– Cruelty free product
-It doesn’t bubble a lot
16. TruKid Yumberry Bubble Podz
– Natural and non-toxic ingredients
– Cruelty free
– 100% biodegradable packaging
– It doesn’t bubble a lot
Bubble bath time basically means playtime for kids and children. We want to ensure that they are enjoying it but most importantly we want to make sure that what we are using is safe and effective. There are lots options in the market for the best bubble bath for your baby. Again, for moms our never changing question: is it the best?
We need to know first our own child in terms of his likes, dislikes, allergies , etc., so we can provide them the comfort and safety that we’ve always wanted give them as we shower them with love. Always be mindful of the ingredients incorporated or used in a product to know if it safe especially for baby’s delicate skin. After that we can then check if it is really helpful in keeping our babies’ skin clean, smooth and soft. Make a list of the things that you want to consider before purchasing a bubble bath so you can compare products from different brands. Again we all have different standards, and priorities, so choosing the best one are really dependent on you and your baby’s needs. Reading product reviews are helpful because you can use it as guide based on other mom’s experience about using a certain product.
It really is a trial and error process but why go through the error when you can be keen about everything so you can provide the best that your little one deserves.