Hand sanitizers came into being for the reason that not all the time we have access to soap and water to wash our hands. They are gels, wipes and sprays which contain alcohol and other substances in order to kill the germs present on the skin but of course, there are those products that are innovated with utmost care and health consciousness. These substances works immediately and effectively in order to kill bacteria and most viruses.
Alcohol-based hand sanitizers help to deter the spread of germs and illness-causing bacteria in daily mundane, may it be in the house, in schools and in offices. Having hand sanitizer in key areas like bathrooms and kitchens makes it more likely that people will use it to kill harmful bacteria and be healthy all the time.
However using hand sanitizers may actually lower our resistance to diseases by killing good bacteria, which helps protect against bad bacteria. Overexposure to antibiotics or improper antibiotic use may lead to bacterial resistance, making it more difficult or even impossible to treat. So the usage of hand sanitizer must also be in moderation.
Benefits and Limitations of Hand Sanitizers Wipes
For the reason mentioned above hand sanitizers should be used with precaution. Alcohol for instance can be very drying to the skin, but it’s good that most brands of sanitizers also contain a moisturizer to minimize skin dryness and irritation. There are certain studies conducted to ensure the health of the public.
- Hand sanitizers are convenient, portable and easy to use.
- Several studies have concluded that the risk of spreading gastrointestinal and respiratory infection is decreased among families who use hand sanitizers.
- Commercially prepared hand sanitizers contain ingredients that help prevent skin dryness. Using these products can result in less skin dryness and irritation than hand-washing.
- Studies show that adding hand sanitizers to classrooms can reduce student absenteeism due to illness by 20 percent. Not to mention that many kids think instant hand sanitizers are fun to use.
- Not all hand sanitizer wipes are created equally so make it a habit to check the label in the packaging for active ingredients. The alcohol content may be in the form of ethyl alcohol, ethanol or isopropanol. All of those are acceptable forms of alcohol, but no matter which type of alcohol is listed, its concentration should be between 60 and 95 percent. An alcohol content of less than 60 percent isn’t enough to be effective.
- Alcohol does not cut through grime. All dirt, blood and soil must be wiped or washed away first if the alcohol in the sanitizer is to be effective. In such cases, hand-washing with soap and water is advised.
- Hand sanitizer wipes are not cleaning agents and are not meant as a replacement for soap and water, but as a complementary habit. Sanitizers are most effective when used in conjunction with diligent hand-washing.
Top 16 Best Hand Sanitizers Wipes (2019 Picks)
1. Care Touch Alcohol Free Hand Sanitizer Wipes
Unlike any other bands, this product is great for toddlers and small children because it lacks the harmful chemicals and high concentrations of alcohol found in other wipes that are potentially damaging to skin. They are soft, gentle, and make the perfect addition to any diaper bag. They can be used for wiping on the go, or just cleaning messy sauce off a child’s face.
The package is small and resalable, making them the perfect travel wipes. They will fit comfortably in any travel bag or car, and are a great alternative to liquid hand sanitizers, which won’t make it past TSA.
2. Enfresh Soothing Lavender Naturally Derived
Enfresh hand wipes start with purified water and are certified by the USDA as a Biobased Product derived from plants and other renewable materials. Our thick, soft wipes are cotton enhanced so they’re gentle on your skin.
The products unique design makes Enfresh Hand Wipes perfect in your travel size toiletries, office desk drawer, car cup-holder or seat-back, purse, or family adventure bag.
From the variety of options choose from Invigorating Eucalyptus Mint, Refreshing Grapefruit, Soothing Lavender, or Fragrance-Free and you’ll have the perfect pick-me-up whether you’re the commander of the carpool or a relentless weekend warrior.
Enfresh Soothing Lavender Naturally Derived Hand is made without harsh chemicals because our families use everything we create. We leave out stuff like BZK, parabens, sulfates, and BPA and include good stuff like Aloe Vera and Vitamin E.
3. Enfresh Refreshing Grapefruit Naturally Derived Hand Wipes
Enfresh hand wipes start with purified water and are certified by the USDA as a Biobased Product derived from plants and other renewable materials. Our thick, soft wipes are cotton enhanced so they’re gentle on your skin
The products unique design makes Enfresh Hand Wipes perfect in your travel size toiletries, office desk drawer, car cup-holder or seat-back, purse, or family adventure bag
From the variety of options choose from Invigorating Eucalyptus Mint, Refreshing Grapefruit, Soothing Lavender, or Fragrance-Free and you’ll have the perfect pick-me-up whether you’re the commander of the carpool or a relentless weekend warrior
4. CleanWell Botanical Hand Sanitizers Wipes
5. Germ No More
While other wipes are alcohol based and dry out your hands, HandyClean Hand Sanitizer Wipes are alcohol free and contain aloe vera and vitamin E which could moisturize your hands, leaving them clean and soft even after hours of use.
The wipes contain just the right amount of moisture and sanitizing agent to thoroughly clean your hands, without leaving a soapy residue behind after use.
6. PURELL Hand Sanitizing Wipes, Clean Refreshing Scent
Purell is one of the most trusted and used hand sanitizer by hospitals and clinically proven effective in maintaining skin health. Besides the Purell Hand Sanitizing Wipes is manufactured without harsh chemicals that are safe and gentle on skin.
7. Handynaps Pre-Moistened Refreshing Hand Cleaning Wet Wipes
Economically and individually packed for your protection, convenient to use anytime and anywhere with refreshing lemon Scent.
8. Wet Ones Fresh Scent Anti-Bacterial Wipes
9. EO Hand Cleansing Natural Fiber Wipes, Lavender
10. PURELL Cottony Soft Hand Sanitizing Wipes
Purell Cottony Soft Hand Sanitizing Wipes is formulated with moisturizers, Vitamin A & E, and Aloe. That is what your skin needs to keep it safe and healthy.
11. Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes Singles
12. Babyganics Hand Sanitizing 75 Individual Packet Wipes
The product is Pediatrician and Dermatologist tested, so it’s an absolute epitome of a healthy you. These are alcohol-free wipes and kills 99.9% of germs from your hands. This product is not induced with triclosan, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, artificial fragrances or dyes. It’s non-allergenic and extra gentle to your skin.
13. Germ-X 20 Count Antibacterial Hand Sanitizing Wipes
Germ-X 20 Count Antibacterial Hand Sanitizing Wipes are ultra soft wipes. It’s alcohol free but still effective at eliminating 99.99% of many common germs and bacteria in as fast as 15 seconds. Crafted with formulated moisturizers and Vitamin E to ensure that it will leave a smooth skin after using it.
14. Sani-Hands Hand Sanitizer Wipes 100 Packets Per Box
SaniHands Hand Sanitizer Wipes is capable of killing 99.99% of germs that can make you sick.
15. WET ONES Sensitive Skin Hand Wipes
16. Wipessentials Antibacterial Wet Hand Wipes
Unlike any other product out there which are alcohol based and dry out your hands, This Antibacterial Wipes are alcohol free and contain aloe vera and vitamins E which will moisturize your hands, leaving them clean and soft throughout the day. It’s in a travel friendly pack – so anywhere you need to clean hands or there’s no water available. The pouch is resealable to ensure your wipes are always fresh
Wipessentials Antibacterial Wet Hand Wipes is a quick and easy way to kill germs, and reduce the amount of bacteria on your hands. In addition to that the wipes contain just the right amount of moisture and sanitizing agent to thoroughly clean your hands, without leaving a soapy residue behind afterwards.
The use of hand sanitizer wipes could be a habit that can help us to stay healthy. It could keep us all exposed to fewer germs, and therefore may decrease our chance of getting ill and unwanted diseases. So whether you are on the playground, in the office, by the beach or wherever you are using someone else’s computer or visiting a friend in the hospital, take the time to use this hand sanitizer wipes and make a difference with your healthy lifestyle.
These products cost something but it cost more to get ill and diseases. So matter what, don’t put your family’s health be compromised. Remember water is not everywhere and every drop of it counts. Save water by using hand sanitizer wipes and make a difference for the future. It’s not just saving your family’s health but your also helping the world by saving water every day.