Whether you’re already a mom, a new one, or a soon-to-be mom, you must be cautious with everything you do, especially when it comes to caring for your baby. And caring for a baby entails so much for a woman in order to make sure that you give the best possible care available to you, including caring for yourself.
Ideally, you should want the best for yourself because if you feel good on the inside, you become more confident about looking good on the outside, and that energy transfers to the ones you care for, especially your baby.
Thankfully, there are plenty of amazing products out there that can help all mothers and mothers-to-be in caring for themselves and their precious ones. Safe products like the best pregnancy-safe body lotions come in different variants and specializations. So if you want to know more about the pregnancy-safe body lotions for you to use, keep reading this article.
Why are lotions important?
Before we dive into the specifics, it’s important to know why it’s important to use lotions on your skin and your baby’s. Lotions are a big part of skincare. Not only does it make your skin smooth, but it moisturizes and cares for your skin.
The right kinds of lotions for your skin type can prevent a multitude of skin conditions from taking place. It can prevent the appearance of stretch marks. It can prevent the resurfacing of some types of skin asthma. And it can reduce skin inflammation, relieve itching, and it can serve as a protective barrier to the skin.
Safety is also a big factor when choosing pregnancy-safe body lotions because you’d not only want to care for your skin but care for the child you bear. You have to make sure that these lotions don’t contain harsh chemicals and strong ingredients that can harm a baby’s sensitive skin. So it is very important to keep these lotions in check and make sure that the ones you use will not harm the baby and the skin it lives under.
Especially if the mother has particularly sensitive skin, it must be essential to take no risks.
During pregnancy, your skin goes through many changes, so make sure you have the best and safest lotions out there.
What to look for in Best Pregnancy-Safe Body Lotions:
Everybody is unique, so it would be hard to group all types of skin to be accepting of each ingredient on this list. So please be aware and do a self spot-testing before trying on different products – better yet, consult your trusty dermatologist to ensure your safety.
Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free moisturizers – These are for people with sensitive skin. The term itself is self-explanatory – “sensitive skin” means that you can’t just slather any type of product to your body as it may easily get inflamed and disrupted. Hypoallergenic products are best for these skin types because they use milder ingredients and usually avoid using fragrances in them that can sometimes be too harsh on the skin.
Ceramides – They help with moisture loss in the skin, restoring its plumpness and suppleness. This also builds up immunity as protection for any pollution that may come in contact with your skin.
Niacinamide – is a good ingredient and is also safe and found to not show any harm to be used during pregnancy. It is something that builds immunity, regulates oil, protects against sun damage, and much more. Niacinamide has many benefits for the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid – this helps with plumping, smoothening, and hydrating the skin. It works well with our body’s chemistry and is 100 percent safe to use.
Q: Is it safe to use body lotion during pregnancy?
A: Yes, it is safe. Products such as hairsprays, soaps, lotions, and even shampoos have shown no negative results toward pregnancy. Usually, lotions are needed during pregnancy because of the overwhelming rush of hormones and the physical changes that your body undergoes. Your skin can act up: whether its dryness or hypersensitiveness, the good kinds of lotions can most definitely help in combat. If not, support these changes.
Q: Which lotions should I avoid during pregnancy?
A: More than the lotion itself, it is the ingredients used in the lotions that you may need to avoid. Anything with Retin-A, Retinol, and retinyl palmitate can lead to be harmful and affect the baby. As it is good to get vitamin A, it’s not good to get too much of it, just an adequate amount. If you have acne during pregnancy, which is totally normal, do not use any salicylic acids and benzoyl peroxide because many use combinations of the 2, which can lead to dangerous side effects for babies.
Q: Is Aveeno lotion safe for pregnancy?
A: Yes, it is! But do use the fragrance-free versions to avoid the harsh effects that some fragrances can give. Aveeno isn’t targeted for stretch marks for pregnant women in general, but it does have its benefits like hydration, skin restoration, and skin barriers, which are needed to interact properly with one’s changing body which makes this one of the best pregnancy-safe body lotions out there.
Q: Which body lotion is the best for pregnancy?
A: There are a lot of products available out here, from organic to hypoallergenic lotions, but it is always safer to consult your dermatologist or doctor before buying and trying them on your skin. Make sure to also keep the ingredients and factors in check before purchasing. Usually, dermatologists recommend the use of products made for sensitive skin or products that do not contain a lot of unknown or hard-to-understand ingredients.
Here are 26 lotions that make the cut:
Top 26 Best Pregnancy-Safe Body Lotions – Expert’s Review
1. Trilastin Maternity Cream
TriLastin’s lotion prevents stretch marks and soothes skin from itching! One more brownie point goes out for this product because it is hypoallergenic and paraben-free. It is also all-natural, so it doesn’t contain artificial ingredients that can cause a lot of irritants to the skin. This can be for people with dry skin, combination, as well as oily skin – pretty much makes it suitable for a lot of women with different skin types. This is also dermatologically tested, so it is safe for use even during pregnancy with your precious one. Simply apply it to the skin and let it do your work for you.
2. Burt’s Bee Mama Bee Belly lotionknown to make products that are natural and are at times organic. This Mama Bee Belly Lotion or butter doesn’t fall far from its mother company tree because it is also naturally made, and it contains shea butter and jojoba oils that will leave your skin clean and smooth. Jojoba oil is known to relieve plenty of skin conditions, including inflammation and itchiness. This is also unscented, so no harsh perfumes will irritate your skin. This works even after pregnancy as it relieves skin from stretch marks, too.
3. Body Merry Vanilla and Orange
4. Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion
5. Bella B Silk and Honey Lotionnatural oils like moisturizing olive oil, jojoba oil, and wheat germ oil.
6. Shea-moisture Body Cream
7. Mambino’s “oh baby!” Natural Anti Stretch Mark Cream
8. Belly Butter by Glow Organics
9. Pipette Belly Oil
10. Puracy Organic Hand & Body Lotion, Fragrance Free Natural Moisturizerlotion is safe even teams for babies. Another plus for this product is that it does not leave your skin feeling greasy and oily, and it does not leave any residue on the body, which makes it very pleasurable to use. This is safe for all skin types and has a lightweight formula that leaves the skin feeling plump.
11. Motherlove Pregnant Belly Salve – Stretch marks during pregnancy cream
12. Maternity Stretch Marks Cream Removal Treatment for Pregnancy by Little North Star Shore
13. THENA Pregnancy body oil – Massage Cream Lotion Gifts For Pregnant
14. Mommy’s Bliss Belly Lotion With Pure Shea Cocoa Butters for Soft Hydrated Skin During Pregnancy
15. Aveeno Lotion Skin-Relief
16. The Honest Company Mama Care Body Lotion
17.Mederma Stretch Mark Therapy Lotion
18. Amlactin Rapid Relief
19. Blue Nectar Lotion
20. Mommy Care Store’s Anti-Stretch mark lotion
21. Bamboobies Belly Balm
22. Mamma Mio Tummy Rub
23. Eucerin Roughness Relief
24. Clarins Body Partner Stretch Mark Cream
25. Organic Excellence Natural Lotion – Organic Moisturizing Hand and Body Lotion pregnancy
26. Mothers Friend Body Skin Cream
Now, being pregnant and ensuring your skin’s suppleness and protection is not a problem anymore. There are a lot of products available in the market that can properly take care of you as you go through one of the most important phases of your life. Make sure to do proper research before using these lotions and also try to get the opinion of your doctor to ensure your and your baby’s safety.